ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running in the Cup

Hi People

This is my sceond Cup now, just need a bit of advice from you lot. I part exchanged the old Cup because of an accident i had when it was snowing a While ago. i damaged the suspension, sub frame, steering rack, it never felt the same again.

My first cup, i ran it in nicely under 3k for the first 700miles, but the new Cup i have done nearly 550miles and have taken it up to 5k quite abit. Is that bad for the engine. I Just thought of running it in on higher revs. Apparently the car gets used to you ragging it a bit so it responds better, is this true or is this aload of b****cks.

Even with 550miles on the clock its performance is brilliant. It picks up straight away when flooring it to about 5000rpm maximum, i have not taken it any higher.

Will this cause any damage.

Please advise

Cheers.

Loads of shcools of thought on this one.

Any (slight) extra wear caused will affect the car in its latter years and you probably wont own it then so.....sod it!! And enjoy it. :D

I ran mine in sensibly for about 200 miles (1st afternoon) and then ran it reasonably sensibly but every few miles or so couldnt resist opening it up fully, and 30k later didnt seem to have any ill effects.

No problem with bedding it in hard you might have some problems in later life but were talking a long time of.

There are performance advantages to hard beddin int within the foirst few miles as explained in a post on the 182 bedding in thread.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

nah uve worn it in enough m8!

the throttle response thing happens on auto BMWs as it gets used to ure style of driving ie sporty/conservative, but not sure if they got that on manual clios!

-phil-