ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S3 8p sportback

Tomh182

ClioSport Club Member
  S3 8P
Thought i’d create a thread to document ownership of my recently purchased S3.

Bought this car to replace my RB which I recently sold.
Car has done 73000, FSH including haldex and DSG service. immaculate inside and out.

Such a great car to drive, thought I'd miss driving a manuel after owning the Clio but the s-tronic is fantastic.

Couple of photos from the first day of ownership.
DFDBB222-E60A-4730-BDF5-D52F41975CEE.jpeg
359B355B-05A6-4295-826C-EFEE2B4A8B07.jpeg
IMG_4573.jpeg

Last edited:

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Like it, launches well and have great tuning potential.

Good on longer journeys and when needing to overtake. Terrible when thrown into a few bends.

Tomh182

ClioSport Club Member
  S3 8P
After owning the car for a week, an rs3 grill was fitted. Mixed opinions I know, but I personally think it modernizes the front end.
IMG_4696.jpg
75F53F14-1B3A-4F50-A3BE-3653C0503606.jpeg

recently decided to have it 'stage 1' mapped. car felt instantly quicker, more responsive. As many people have agreed, its how the S3 should have come out of the showroom. Whilst it was in for the map, a new DV+ diverter valve was replaced for piece of mind.
DV valve.jpg

Last edited:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looks good and I really like these in red! DSG/Semi auto gearboxes are so the way forward, literally zero complaints and even better when mapped!

Tomh182

ClioSport Club Member
  S3 8P
Looks good and I really like these in red! DSG/Semi auto gearboxes are so the way forward, literally zero complaints and even better when mapped!
Effortless driving! was worried I'd regret not buying a manual but it really is great.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
The RS grill wouldn't look as bad if it had silver rings and trim around the edge rather than everything black.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Looks very nice, and would tend to agree regarding the grill. With it not being black edition, i think it needs some silver bits. Ive recently just got rid of my S3, I loved it! Whose mapped it?

Tomh182

ClioSport Club Member
  S3 8P
Looks very nice, and would tend to agree regarding the grill. With it not being black edition, i think it needs some silver bits. Ive recently just got rid of my S3, I loved it! Whose mapped it?
Haha yeah, the grill doesn’t seem too popular! I did see yours for sale on here, would have snapped it up it was a 5 door! Was mapped by a local reputable company, just a generic map. Will head to R-tech in the future if i decide on more power!

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Looks great that. I like the RS3 grille, I'd maybe have silver rings but the rest looks good IMO.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Very nice motor, I was never that sure about S3s until I started looking for something fast and comfortable and ended up buying one last year, gave me a greater appreciation for the older ones too. It really does everything and s-tronic is proper superb.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Once you drive a dsg car you will never want a manual again.
Great colour and the grill looks way better if I ever but an audi it will be a black edition the chrome looks too bradford and chintzy imo

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Car looks great mate, i think the grill looks nice to, but you can't listen to me as i have a white care with black wheels... 😂 .

I did look at these before i bought mine, but noise won out for me in the end, but i imagine they are a great daily, specially with DSG, i wouldn't have manual car again now i don't think.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
We look after one of these for a customer at work, its on 160k and gets hammered everywhere and its been flawless other than wear and tear! even at those miles.

Just fitted a non res scorpion and it sounds fantastic, quiet enough you could live with it all day long but a nice note on boost. highly recomended

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
We look after one of these for a customer at work, its on 160k and gets hammered everywhere and its been flawless other than wear and tear! even at those miles.

Just fitted a non res scorpion and it sounds fantastic, quiet enough you could live with it all day long but a nice note on boost. highly recomended

These engines are bullet proof if serviced correctly run big power on std internals and get quicker and make more power as the miles go on when std.

Tomh182

ClioSport Club Member
  S3 8P

Good to hear Martin!
The plan was to keep in relatively standard but i think its crying out for a slightly louder exhaust! Nothing too Bradford though, ha!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Disklok and autowatch ghost or better still pandora mini bt

urgh not a Pandora, or anything Bluetooth

OP is in Bournemouth? Wouldn’t think it’s a hotbed of car crime and wouldn’t be overly worried about it being pinched from there.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Good to hear Martin!
The plan was to keep in relatively standard but i think its crying out for a slightly louder exhaust! Nothing too Bradford though, ha!
Does anything change when you put it in sport mode ?

My B8 S4 made more noise.. I guess a valve opened somewhere..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love the car, I think the 8p was a good all rounder. The front grille detracts for what the car is, especially the classier softback. I had a guy with an S4 recently ask us to change the grille back to stock. The black looked completely out of place.

These grilles wouldn't be as bad if the rings were retained.

Tomh182

ClioSport Club Member
  S3 8P
I always liked the sportbacks In red lovely colour!
I think the red really suits them! followed your thread on your stage 2+. Was tempted to go down that route, but i think an 8p rs3 will be next. Need that 5 cylinder soundtrack!

Tomh182

ClioSport Club Member
  S3 8P
Only a few small updates due to working overseas. The car recently undergone an oil/filter service along with the Cam follower.

I've recently had the wheels refurbed. Was planning to only go a little darker than the OEM silver as they were a nightmare to keep clean. They returned a lot darker than I was originally hoping for, but they're growing on me slowly and the finish is great.
803DFED9-116D-4D90-BE6D-309BFD0F5B3F.jpeg

27BB9779-B687-4274-AD1F-F0B882C63570_1_201_a.jpeg

Whilst they were off, the arches were given a good clean, fresh caliper paint, and fitted refurbed caliper retainers with the OEM S3 logo.

5DF61A85-D8CF-40EA-90E9-320555AB7F4F.jpeg
59C6EC28-E4A3-489F-83F9-A75197E7CC4A.jpeg