ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Safest version of Limewire?

I havent used Limewire before... so want to ask if there are different versions without addware /spyware ...and least chance of viruses? If u know, can u post the best link to download? ta.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Limewire usually adds all sorts of b****cks, much like any other P2P program. It can cause a whole host of problems.
The best option is to either download a pro version from newsgroups (purely as backup to your original, payed for version) or actually pay for it. If you dont, you can risk the ad infected download from somewhere like www.download.com

Thanks mate... I just need some MP3's on my player before my hols and time is running out so best way poss wthout terminating my laptop would be good.

p.s Finally BT solved my Broadband issue after 2 weeks waiting at 56k... now back up to drag strip speeds again thank fook.

Recently started using eMule, seems much much better than limewire, has many much harder to find tracks, although downloads can be slow with big ques but if you leave it running you get there in the end...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Thats true. Newsgroups usually have full albums and stuff. Limewire is great for random tunes and single items.

I have the full version with no adware or spyware.

Hadnt actually heard of Frostwire to be honest...

safe pmsl, windows + limewire = very unsafe!

get ubuntu on your pc, put frost wire on it!

same thing as lime wire you dont have to worry about the viruses etc

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So is Frostwire any good then, as far as P2P goes? I mean, Limewire and Morpheus etc have millions of users. Does Frostwire have good sharing?

So is Frostwire any good then, as far as P2P goes? I mean, Limewire and Morpheus etc have millions of users. Does Frostwire have good sharing?

Frostwire is the linux eq of limewire. Dont think you can put it on windows?!?

Edit: yup you can. It basically does exactly the same. Even looks the same imo.

http://www.frostwire.com/

I personally wouldnt put any P2P software other than newsgroups/torrent service on a windows PC. You'll be asking for problems.

btw: Wont dk et al get pissy about all this talk of p2p. I'll probably get banned for a week like MOFO used to!

See you next week then.....

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Doubt it mate. We're only discussing it, not actually posting links to downloading torrents or sh*t.

safe pmsl, windows + limewire = very unsafe!

get ubuntu on your pc, put frost wire on it!

same thing as lime wire you dont have to worry about the viruses etc

It's only unsafe if you don't know what you're doing. I've been using both for years and have never had one problem, just need to know what to look out for.

I have used Kazaa lite ++ many moons ago! and this Frostwire is spot on.... finds everything i throw at it in seconds...and i have the track within 30 sec's. I think viruses are more likely if your searching for p**n... i wouldnt use a p2p for that as its asking for trub'les.. just want a few sounds and more than happy with it.