ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung laptops any good?

I've had a Samsung laptop before. Never had an issue until the screen stopped working and it would have cost £200 to repair, so sold it for spares for £220.

Other than that, good kit.

The one you've pointed out is a good spec too.

P.s

I would go for a Dell. I've ordered several from them and had great service.

Just looked at their Inspiron 1720 and it's £659 (£60 more than the Samsung after the cashback) but comes with a slightly better spec imo.

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T8100 SAME AS SAMSUNG
17.0" Widescreen (1440x900) SAME AS SAMSUNG
3GB RAM SAME AS SAMSUNG
320GB HDD SAME AS SAMSUNG
nVidia® GeForce™ Go 8600M BETTER THAN THE SAMSUNG
Travel Media Remote Control BETTER THAN THE SAMSUNG
Wireless 355 Bluetooth BETTER THAN THE SAMSUNG
Choice of 7 colours (Black and White are Free) BETTER THAN THE SAMSUNG

All the rest is identical spec.

Overall, a better laptop imho apart ffrom the HDMI

Here's a link http://configure.euro.dell.com/dell...=NRS17201&l=en&oc=N0772007&rbc=N0772007&s=dhs - You would need to choose the 2nd Processor from the drop down list to match the samsung

Better than yours. C*nt.
dont get a dell ffs

the samsung is cheaper, better looking, and would choose it over a s**tty dell anyday

Any substance to your opinion? I've reviewed most of the current Dells and they are a long way on from the old ones... The Inspiron in particular is a very able, very well built and capable bit of kit and I think fairly good looking. I'm on an XPS1530 at the moment and I think for the money it's absolutely incredible...

ITB BG 182
Dell used to be absolute rubbish in the past few years but recently they have picked up quite abit.
Ive priced one up that is similar to that samsung, dell offerd it me for £600 though.
Im contimplating on a group buy on Dells, sounds daft i know but they offerd me another £50 off the one i spec'd up. (£550) Deliverd too

Nothing wrong with Dell - some of the best laptops and PCs around.

Even their Enterprise stuff is pretty good now too!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Nothing wrong with Dell - some of the best laptops and PCs around.

Even their Enterprise stuff is pretty good now too!

Blades are good, and their 9th-gen servers are fairly competent. Laptops wise I can't think of a more appropriate business laptop than the D630 Latitude, just does everything, massive array of docking and expansion options... Standard hardware so imaging/deployment is a joy.

As for Dell group buys, if someone wants to, let me know as I can have a word with out account manager on the sly to see what we can do, given that we buy around 5 laptops a week at the moment...

clio
if you get a dell laptop then make sure you get a warranty on it, if i didnt i would've had to fork out so much money on my laptop over 2 years, i've had replaced so far.... hard drive, battery, cd/dvd drive, screen, motherboard and the heat sync

172cup
dont get a dell ffs

the samsung is cheaper, better looking, and would choose it over a s**tty dell anyday

Any substance to your opinion? I've reviewed most of the current Dells and they are a long way on from the old ones... The Inspiron in particular is a very able, very well built and capable bit of kit and I think fairly good looking. I'm on an XPS1530 at the moment and I think for the money it's absolutely incredible...

Yes mate. Lots. My company has about 150 of them at my current site, all new ones and good spec too... Not many people have good things to say about them. Lots of reliability issues, as well as internal compatability problems. I personally have owed about 7 different dell laptops over the last 5 or 6 years and i hugely disliked every single one. All work issued high end laptops. They also look so s**t and cheap in my opinion.