ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Omnia/Windows Mobile 6.1 Prob

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My phone although it has 15.5GB of memory left keeps saying i dont have sufficient memory left for apps etc? When you into the memory setting it says i have 15356mb in "my storage" but 92.73mb in "main"? It then says i cant receive sms etc because of low memory?

Anyone know whats the score? It recommends i search for large files so i did and there's nothing on there?

I've phoned orange but its pissin me off..

Citroen DS3 DSport
Looking online found this advice:

1) keep your Main Memory Storage space above 25 Mb of space (you can check it under Start > Settings > System Tab > Memory). I find when you install programs, omnia tends to put it in the phone's main memory under 'My Device' > 'Program Files' (in File Explorer) even though I specify installation in 'My Storage' or in the 'Storage Card'. So, whenever I install a new software, I check in the Program Files folder to make sure it didn't get installed here. If it did, I manually cut and paste into 'My Storage' and create a new shorcut for that program and place it back in 'Windows' > 'Start Menu' > 'Program'. The only other glitch I found: omnia insists on saving pictures and scanned business cards or documents in the main memory under 'My Device' > 'Program Files' > OIM or liek folders which take up space in the long run. So make sure you transfer or delete files there from time to time.

2) the other thing I do is to make sure to 'end all taks' (flicking finger from bottom of the screen upwards) before I turn on the camera as I think with many programs open, the needed mem resources by the camera gets consumed.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh cheers. The only thing is i havent even installed anything on it..:(

I've deleted all messages, etc and its still full. Damn thing..

Broken Diesel Megane :(
tom, just checked mine.

storage total 92.73 Mb
In use 41.59Mb
Free 51.14Mb

Program Total 96.82Mb
In use 53.98Mb
Free 42.84Mb

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate. About the same as mine now i've done a reset...

Damn thing. I bet i couple of days i have to do a reset again...I wonder if a memory card would help? I doubt it..

Citroen DS3 DSport
Be sure and close opened programs within Task Manager as they will use up memory and resources.