ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung TV - Global Dimming

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
So I was gifted a Samsung UE46D6500 TV to replace my own 42” Panasonic effort from 2014. Neither TV is world beating and I don’t care either

Immediately I clocked onto the dimming of the picture and have since looked it up and global dimming seems to be its name. What happens is when the TV detects a dark picture, it dims the back light to give blacker blacks. The result - to my eye - is an unwatchable image. Was watching the X-Files last night and during the darker scenes I was basically watching a black screen. It’s so bad that after only 24 hours of being on my wall Im contemplating taking it down and hanging my perfectly good Panasonic back up.

Before I do, can it be deactivated? It’s not in any normal menu for picture, Eco modes and all that jazz. I have found some internet posts about a service menu which I have accessed but cannot find any reference to this dimming.

Ta.