ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saving for a new car....

Mk4 .:R32
I quite fancy getting myself a brand new car in about 10-12 months time when I've saved a bit of cash.

The clio 200 is growing on me quite a bit! But would you shell out 15k for a brand new motor that will probably be worth about 10k after 1-2 years?

I will probably only manage to save 3-4 grand, due to other financial commitments, but that would be a substantial deposit on a car worth around 15k.

Thoughts on a 200? Or better options due to be available by the time I've saved the deposit?

That'll be the basic price though, knowing me, by the time I've priced up the options it'll easily be 15k lol.

Bit disappointed they don't do xenons on the 200 though....

LY 200
You can get a clio 200 cup for around the 13k mark.

Really mate?

I was speaking to a dealer the other day who seemed to think he'd be doing me a blinding deal on an RB 200 he had in stock at 14k?

It did have Recaros but dont all the Cups come with those!?

200 is fugly but other than that yes I would. I out down about £2.5k on my 197 Cup and got an excellent finance deal. With the discount I got I am paying less than I would have on 0% finance so I'm happy.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
That'll be the basic price though, knowing me, by the time I've priced up the options it'll easily be 15k lol.

Bit disappointed they don't do xenons on the 200 though....

IIRC this is a cup price with a few options.

Really mate?

I was speaking to a dealer the other day who seemed to think he'd be doing me a blinding deal on an RB 200 he had in stock at 14k?

It did have Recaros but dont all the Cups come with those!?

Just checked the new RS brochure, the Recaors are a option for the cup mate.

I think the 200's are pretty nice. Although I'd prefer a golf GTi, or 'R', they would be stupidly expensive to buy brand new.

Even looked at an astra VXR at my local Vauxhall dealers.....22,950. What the farrrrrk

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
they way i work it out is , that if you owe more than a car is worth after 2 years it aint worth it .
why have a car thats worth say 9k sell it but still owe 11k on it . so if it works out ok like that for youthen go for it otherwise i wouldnt

they way i work it out is , that if you owe more than a car is worth after 2 years it aint worth it .
why have a car thats worth say 9k sell it but still owe 11k on it . so if it works out ok like that for youthen go for it otherwise i wouldnt

Yeah I know what you mean, I don't want to pay over the odds.

But generally with a decent deposit (i.e. around 20%) then you usually can get decent finance such as 0% for 4 years. So unless it depreciates at a stupid rate, then it should be fine. It's people that pay a crap deposit and pay lots of interest that lose out

LY 200
Imo buying a new Renault is lunacy

Someone has to do it though mate! ;)

I have always thought the same to be frank but after weighing up what two year old R27's (and even Cups to some extent) are up at in comparison with brand spanking new 200's that come with a three year warranty it is near on madness to go for a used one!

Im quite liking the idea at the moment of owning a car from new that nobody else as had the pleasure of caining about as lets face it most of them have been.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I have always thought the same to be frank but after weighing up what two year old R27's (and even Cups to some extent) are up at in comparison with brand spanking new 200's that come with a three year warranty it is near on madness to go for a used one!

Im quite liking the idea at the moment of owning a car from new that nobody else as had the pleasure of caining about as lets face it most of them have been.

Your absolutley right mate someone has to because then there would be no used ones to buy!

But you can buy certain cars that are exception to this rule..

Take the Ford Focus RS (mk1) as example...

Around 17k new in 2002-2003, mint examples can be found for around 12-13k with middle of the road examples still fetching 10-11k.

Clio 197's are now creeping under 9k from the 15-16k they were in 2006-2007...!

Id pick my purchase carefully, although an older car, doesnt mean a word in residual values

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

I've noticed this too. IMHO a new clio 200 is better value for money then a R27/197 cup.

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
I think the 200's are pretty nice. Although I'd prefer a golf GTi, or 'R', they would be stupidly expensive to buy brand new.

Even looked at an astra VXR at my local Vauxhall dealers.....22,950. What the farrrrrk
A local dealer to me is selling a 1.9CDTi for only a grand less then that!