ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scraping Noise when i turn

Megane Cabriolet D+
Ive recently noticed that when i turn corners i can hear somthing rubbing, now as far as i was aware my car is totally standard and ive not modifyed it since i bought it, so i kinda gathered it was the front mudflaps catching, but its not its the front splitter.

My cars currently in the Renault dealership where i bought it from as ive got an annoying sound coming from either my roof lining or sun roof when im driving, you can hear it more when the sun roof is open.

I had a call from them yesterday about my car saying that they are having problems trying to locate where the sounds coming from and told me that my car has aftermarket lowering springs fitted and asked if i knew about them.

Which was a suprise to me, will this be the reason why the splitter rubs?

I always thought my car sat low, but just thought all 1.6 16v clios were the same, the dealership i got it from it was the only 1.6 16v there so i could only compare the height to the lower models of clio they had on their pitch.

But on the lower models of clio i could get my fist into the arch of the wheel, now with my car i can get my hand in but it has to be flat.

Will the springs i have on my car need to be taken off to sort out the annoying squeaking sound whilst im driving? as i can only gather that the lowering springs are tighter and make the car stiffer.

HELP!

White Sti Hatch
Sunroofs always rattle when there open....could be tyres rubbin on edge of the splitter ?? size are the wheels ?

Megane Cabriolet D+
Its not a rattle, its more of a squeaking sound, its more pronounced when the sunroofs open but can be heard when its closed.

The tyres are just the standard alloys, so im guessing at either 15" or 16".

Ive checked the splitter and theres definate signs of it catching on the tarmac, you can feel it

White Sti Hatch
Its not a rattle, its more of a squeaking sound, its more pronounced when the sunroofs open but can be heard when its closed.

The tyres are just the standard alloys, so im guessing at either 15" or 16".

Ive checked the splitter and theres definate signs of it catching on the tarmac, you can feel it

lol love my post cont !! :)

Width of the tyres ?? 195 or 205 ??? tells you on tyre side wall...

Could just be the fact its been rubbing on bumps or that mate

M2 Competition
Its more likely the tyres catching on the arch liners than the splitter hitting the ground mate.

Does it do it on the flat? Over bumps?

Megane Cabriolet D+
had the car back from the garage today, was told its 100% better but theres no change at all!

Am thinking about getting some standard springs n putting them on

White Sti Hatch
I had a similar noise when i turned but i got mate to look at it and there was nothing just greased up all the joint an the noise went away :/