ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screws on air-filter box...

what tool do i need to use to get it open so i can stick my green filter in?
looks like it needs a big philips..can i buy 1?
cheers lads. mk2 172 by the way.

Silver Fabia vRS

Aparently to do this there is a tool in the spare wheel compartment? DOnt know if it is true though but might be worthwhile checking.

Its a 12.5 torx if i remember correctly...easy to do

So who else makes a correct airfilter element apart from green?

Ta
J

guys should the filter be flat in the mk2..car not here at moment..but demontweeks sent me round filter..any ideas?

Silver Fabia vRS

Dodgy - I hate to say that but you have a filter for a MK1 if it is round. The one in the MK2 is a conventional flat filter.

172 Cup

Dodgy,

Sorry to hear that. Thats why I was so keen to see where you had got one for the MK2 from as I cant find anywhere. Let me know what Demon Tweeks have to say.

Griff

Griff have sent filter back to kermit the frog and his muppet friends at demontweeks.Dunno where to try now myself.Is it that hard to find a replacement filter,surely the car has been out long enough and the demand for them must be high.

I just got a mate in Ripspeed to call piper cross....they will just make on up if we give them exact dimensions of the filter required...would be about 30 notes

If anyone has their paper filter out and can easily measure it and post the numbers i would be gratefull otherwise its a screwdriver job....

Need the width, length and height of both the outer rubber and the paper filter itself.

Ta
Jamie

172 Cup

Havent taken mine out but if anyone does then I would be up for a replacement from Green.

Dodgy, I have looked everywhere mate but each time I think I have found one it turns out to be the cylinder type!

Griff

Ford Focus 1.4 LX

I was asked exactly the same thing by Green about 10 months ago. I gave them the dimensions and heard nothing since.

Dave

Hi Guys, Been lurking for a week or so, but just registered to add that Pipercross tell me today that they can make a panel filter for a Mk 2 172. I have ordered one for delivery in 10 days or so, so when it comes I will repost & confirm that it does indeed fit (or not), with part number etc. Im enjoying my 172 (after 3 Scoobys in a row - which are so capable they get boring after a bit - even when youre as old as me)

I just spoke to pipercross today and they said they are developing a mk2 172 panel filter (the trapezoid shape they said), and would be ready in around a month.

Would be interested to know if you get it sooner

I put a back order in for one today

Ta
jamie