ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scuff repair on bumper

Clio 182 cup
Hi guys,

Just got my car back from Renault Liverpool after having the oxy sensor replaced and all is fine now, no stupid light on the dash. However, they've decided to leave me with a lovely scuff on the left side of the rear bumper!! I'm absolutely furious as I have spent a lot of time finding a 182 with immaculate paintwork only to find it damaged by some monkey in Renault!!:mad:

I'm very concerned of taking it back there to have it repaired, and the only reason I would is because it would all be payed for as it was there fault! So my question is what would you recommend to repair the scuff? It is very small to be fair only seems to be one small line where paint is removed, and a couple of small white scratches underneath this.

Should I go for ChipsAway with it being so small, or is there anything I could do myself? Or is it neccessary to take it to a bodyshop?

Anybody know of a decent ChipsAway guy in the north west area, or of any bodyshops again in the same area (if this is needed)?

Thanks

Clio 182 cup
To be honest I don't think the ba***ards would pay up!! Can it be done to a professional standard by touch up?

Avoid Renault Liverpool at all costs is my advice to anyone!! Sorry I never listened to you Edde!

BMW 330D
Id take it back to Renault and get them to sort it out!
or at least make them aware amd get them to fork out to take it elsewhere to get it done.

Clio 182 cup
I was thinkin of that option to be honest! Get someone out to sort it out and then tell them they are payin!!

I'm pissed off to be honest they are a bunch of w*****s the lot of them!!

Any good contacts to do the repair in the north west anyone?

they would send it to their bodyshop.

i would let them do this, then if its not good enough keep taking it back.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I agree with clio chris and fubar . Take it back to Renault and get them to repair it . Chipsaway will charge around £70 , so why should you foot the bill ?

Clio 182 cup
Thanks guys, got a manager ringing me from Renault today about this so I'll tell him I want it in the bodyshop for repair. Has anybody had any bodywork repair done on their 172/182 from Renault? If so what where the results like?

Clio 172 LHD
I have an exhaust pipe shaped hole inthe front spoiler of my 172, thanks to a berk who reversed into me. Looks a bit tatty but I haven't the cash to replace it. Any ideas?