ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

seat belt light and beeping

clio 182
recently my seat belt light and the beeping have both stayed on even when the seat belts clunked in, strange??? is there a sensor or sumin i need yo change??

Megane dci 130
The sensor has probably just come out of the seatbelt reciever.

Look at it and you will see a wire going into the bottom of it, check its all pushed in.

Golf GTD Mk7
The wire goes under the seat. Have a check that all the wires for the pretensioners are attached.

clio 182
still beeping... iv noticed now if i raise me wieght off the seat the beeping stops.... then when i sit back down it starts again, its not like the beeping wthat goes off after a bit if you dont wear your seat belt, it beeps constant.... its starting to BeepinG annoy me!!!

Clio Sport 182
just cut the wire in 2 then it wont beep no more or put the light on the dash !! easy solved

Golf GTD Mk7
just cut the wire in 2 then it wont beep no more or put the light on the dash !! easy solved

Surely thats not the case. If the wire is cut the ECU will detect it and hence log a fault, causing the dash to illuminate. Thats what happened when I cut my airbag wires anyway.

Golf GTD Mk7
still beeping... iv noticed now if i raise me wieght off the seat the beeping stops.... then when i sit back down it starts again, its not like the beeping wthat goes off after a bit if you dont wear your seat belt, it beeps constant.... its starting to BeepinG annoy me!!!

You mean when you have the belt plugged in and raise your bum off the seat it stops? Sounds like a faulty connection to me.