ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling AV set up help

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
I'm moving next week and want to have less clutter in the new house so I'm thinking of selling my AV set up.

I really don't want to use eBay as it'll be a PITA and I need a price for AV forums and on here.

I want to know people's thoughts on selling as a package or separately.

52" Sony Bravia 1080 LCD Kdl-52NX803 with glass stand

Sony STR-DH520 AV receiver

5 Bose double cube speakers

Paradigm PS-1000 V3 powered subwoofer

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
bde889827464d3748b809ebf6594ebec.jpg

d337edfbd229066a7e489af4318d75f9.jpg

2986fde79913094083e126a211cf09f0.jpg

c3f537b659a24c82555e24937d9e396f.jpg

Yes I know it's dusty, we're packing.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Darren, I'd be interested in the amp and speaker's price dependant.

I haven't a clue what they are worth though bud.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Ok mate, I did ideally want it all to go together but I know it's never that simple.

If you have a rough figure of what you'd like to pay chuck me a pm. Not sure if I'll get told off by the mods as its not a for sale post ect.

I'll have a look at separating it.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Darren hopefully this thread will now get some interest and someone better in the know will give it a valuation.

I'd hate to make you an offer that may insult you.
If you have a think and come up with a price then please pm me bud.

Ex 182 owner
Best bet is to do eBay searches for each items and set the search to look for sold items only.
I used to be mega into the home cinema scene but have been out for years. Unfortunately I found as the turn over is now so fast in new kit the secondhand price is so terrible (except for speakers which hold their value better) to the point it's sometimes not even worth selling tbh.
I don't know your kit per say but number of HDMI inputs is the king thing, on both TV and amp in my experience.

Get model number searching on eBay and you will get your answers.

All the best
Chris

Ex 182 owner
2 minute search shows the top sale price for the amp was £52 inc speakers or a one with a DVD player.
So that's real more like £45 in your hand.

I will let you value your the rest of your kit yourself. As said 2nd home cinema stuff just plummets in value.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Cheers Chris, I just looked at the AV amp and I'm shocked at the price as its only 2 years old tops and was nearly £400.
My speakers go for £250 + but can't find the TV or Sub.
I see what you mean about losing value, I think £700 for all of it maybe hopeful which is terrible considering its age and how much it cost new.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I spent £1800 on my kit, and I reckon I'd be lucky to get £200 for it now. It's not worth selling!

TV's still seem to fetch ok money though.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Not like you've got 9.2 speaker set up taking up half your house ?

Put them on the walls at your new place .. sub can hide anywhere.

TV, surely, is staying !? My 7 year old 1080p LCD still works fine .. I don't know other than size, what I'd gain from spending £500 / £1500 on a new one...

Keep it until HDMI is out of date ! Completely not worth selling.. IMHO anyway.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
I just wanted to stick one on the wall with a sound bar.
I used to love watching Blu Rays at high volume but I can't with a baby in the house now.

Maybe I'll put it all in the summer house.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Doesn't have to be loud ;) And it'll still sound just as awesome in a few years when baby turns into demanding toddler and wants to watch Despicable Me for the 400th time ;)

Ex 182 owner
Yeah.. That's one reason I got out. An av amp can almost be out of date and therefore valueless by the time it was home. Nothing wrong with functionality still, just totally devalued.