ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling my Wii, what should I ask?

Yaris Hybrid
I'm gonna advertise my Wii for sale on my large companies intranet. I got the regular pack with Wii sports and also a Component lead, classic pad and I have downloaded Mario 64, Mario Word and FZero on it.

What do you reckon I should ask for it?

I notice Amazon and Gameplay seem to be out of stock still which surprises me so I don't want to under price it but at the same time I don't want to waste time holding out for a stupid price and am not a profit maker. I just wanna sell it for a fair price to get money for a new bike!

Yaris Hybrid
It varies a lot on ebay and also they bullsh*t and say it has 5 games when really it is just one game! I never go near that place!

dk

911 GTS Cab
are people getting feb up of these now, novelty worn off?

when i was in the states they were getting a bit of a slating for not being anywhere near as good as the ps3 and 360 and just being a gamecube with a fancy controller.

I haven't played one yet still but are people who have one and a 360 playnig more on the 360 or the wii?

Yaris Hybrid
I have the Wii and 360 and to be honest I don't play on either!

I come home from work tired. Watch some TV, browse web forums and read other stuff then go to bed. At weekends I wash cars/bikes, go on the web or down the pub and some how it feels like I never have the time or energy to play.

I am gonna keep my 360 as there are some games coming out soon that interest me. Mario Galaxy is a long way off on the Wii yet and at the moment it is at the stage the DS was before it took off because not many decent games designed for the controls are out. So far there are just poor conversions of existing 360 or PS2 games.

No doubt when developers start releasing games that have been designed for the Wii from word go then it will be amazing and I will buy another. Thats a year or so away and I need the money now!

Fabia vRS

I come home from work tired. Watch some TV, browse web forums and read other stuff then go to bed. At weekends I wash cars/bikes, go on the web or down the pub and some how it feels like I never have the time or energy to play.

I am gonna keep my 360 as there are some games coming out soon that interest me. Mario Galaxy is a long way off on the Wii yet and at the moment it is at the stage the DS was before it took off because not many decent games designed for the controls are out. So far there are just poor conversions of existing 360 or PS2 games.

No doubt when developers start releasing games that have been designed for the Wii from word go then it will be amazing and I will buy another. Thats a year or so away and I need the money now!

lol, sounds like me.

i have a 360 with 5 games and i don't think i've played on it for more than a total of 4 hours.

i just don't have time, and can think of better things to be doing, and also i have a really really short attention span.

Citroen DS3 DSport
£230 wouldn't be a bad price to charge for it all so long as you're not looking to make a profit. HMV and Virgin among other stores appear to have these in stock so I doubt you'll make anything much over RRP.

Yaris Hybrid
Yeah I was only wanting about £160-£170 which I wouldn't ask for if it was just the console but at the end of the day the classic pad and component cables I have are essential so a person would need to buy those anyway so I reckon that would be fair? Plus I think I spent £20 on tokens for downloads of which I spent most on those games with a few hundred or something left over.

As for the £100 Jay, if I still have it in a months time then yeah! But I think it will be long gone by then!

Gotta ask though.

I would like a Wii and would offer you more, but gotta pay for insurance and service on the Vee within the next few weeks so money is a bit tight.

Citroen DS3 DSport
You'll manage to sell it for £200 easily enough with all of those things. Place it in the AV Forums For Sale section.

182 Trophy
If you have a store called CEX near you they are paying £195 with WII sports, sold mine the other day. The novelty of the WII wore off quite quick.

I got one with wii sports, wii play, redsteel, 2 controllers and set of nunchucks in the box brand new for £265 inc P&P off ebay. stil £30 over the price in shops but I thought I did well to get it so cheap.

I would sell yours for around £230-£240 on ebay - will easily make money though cos they are sold out everywere in shops.

Adam

I love my Wii, problem is the lack of game at the moment. I havent yet played shooter or a driving game. I would love a 360 for the graphics and more serious games however at the moment the wii gets a lot of play. If i get bored of the actual games the VC games are quality

RIP Dan

when i was in the states they were getting a bit of a slating for not being anywhere near as good as the ps3 and 360 and just being a gamecube with a fancy controller.

I haven't played one yet still but are people who have one and a 360 playnig more on the 360 or the wii?

This is the 2nd time you have posted about "are people getting fed up with them"

Get a grip mate, why dont you just buy one? Its not that expensive. And god knows why you are comparing it to the XBOX or PS3...it nothing like them and aimed at a totally different market. I'll get a PS3 later in the year, i have still to make my mind up about a 360 as well.

Was playing golf and tennis until 1am.

So the answer is no. lol.

sw1

Clio 172
I just sold mine today on ebay, put it up and it was sold 1 hour later.

2nd most searched item on ebay, purchased it for 209.99 with Zelda just sold it two months for 210.

RESULT

There's massive demand on ebay at the moment due to hardly any being in stock

cock mobile.

I'm with you on that.

I'd addicted to Tennis, and then boxing.

Play it for at least 30 mins a day, this is the sort of console that suits me, fire it up, quickly bash out a game of Tennis, turn off.

My mate bought me Red Steel for my birthday, which is a quality game, but I've hardly played it because I love the sports so much.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
sports owns big time. sooooo addictive. especially when you have a few of you playing. i love baseball... classic owning my brother with the home run lol

dk

911 GTS Cab

This is the 2nd time you have posted about "are people getting fed up with them"

Get a grip mate, why dont you just buy one? Its not that expensive. And god knows why you are comparing it to the XBOX or PS3...it nothing like them and aimed at a totally different market. I'll get a PS3 later in the year, i have still to make my mind up about a 360 as well.

i think its a valid question, and from the responses and amount of people selling them it seems to be true!

More people tend to talk about 360 gaming than do wii and when the ps3 is out next month i think it will get even less of a mention.

I was in a computer store the other day and the PS3 and 360 were constantly unavailable whereas the wii had no-one playing it.

So why would i want to buy one when i have a 360 and a ps3 on the way, seems a little silly to me, especially since people seem to be selling them now after a few months whereas 360's seem to stay?

Its not me baiting, i'm trying to understand why people are getting rid, from the start i saw it as a gamecube with a fancy controller, i'll admit that and i was wondering whether its actually got any more depth to it?

I think I did post the same about a month ago, just after christmas to see if people were bored after that time.

I am allowed to not like a console you know, i am a console fan, i just like the ones that push the boundaries like the ps3 and 360, to me the ps3 is the excellence of the 360 with the controller of the wii (albeit not quite the same but as close as and i reckon sony or MS will have a similar thing before the end of the year with the advantage of HD graphics, HD-DVD, Bluray and excellent online gaming)

Thats my take on it all anyway.

lol, sounds like me.

i have a 360 with 5 games and i don't think i've played on it for more than a total of 4 hours.

i just don't have time, and can think of better things to be doing, and also i have a really really short attention span.

Ive got a 360 and was wondering if you dont use yours are you selling games?