ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sensor cleaning, canon

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I have a few dust particle on the sensor of my 350D.

Ive had a browse on the net and there seem to be a million and 1 solutions, some which seem to be easy but require expensive tool ect.

Does any one have a link or can give me some tip, on which is the cheapest and easiest solution.

thanks /Adrian.

dk

911 GTS Cab
not had the balls myself, bought a new body instead;)

My dad used it in china though last month and as the sky was so bright and blue the dust showed up real bad, had to edit them all with photoshop, all fecking 750!

I guess, now i have a second body i can just send it off to jessops to do for me.

Rally bus
I use Eclipse fluid and PEC pads with a spatula.

30 second job. Just remember to have a charged battery in and to lock the shutter up.

106 GTI
I use Eclipse fluid and PEC pads with a spatula.

30 second job. Just remember to have a charged battery in and to lock the shutter up.

got any guides sounds abit technical

Do you do the same for your lenses to?

Rally bus
A guide... erm...

1. Put PEC pad on plastic spatula (or buy ready made swabs)
2. Switch camera on, lock the mirror up (should be a menu function to do this)
3. Put a couple of drops of fluid on the PED pad.
4. Wipe the sensor one way. Turn spatula over and wipe again.
5. Repeat 4 if sensor is particularly dirty
6. Put mirror back down.
7. Do a test shot at ~ f22 of a white surface or the sky to check you've missed no bits.

dk

911 GTS Cab
how much do jessops charge mate? My nikon has this inbuilt cleaning thing...
not sure, haven't looked really, just know i wouldn't trust myself doing it!

Might have it serviced at the same time as its had a lot of shutter movements and is 3 yrs old now.