ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serious rear brake problem Clio 172 ph1

172 mk1
Hi all,
I need some advise regarding to the rear brakes of Clio 172 ph1. The problem is brake pads do not stay in place - they have dropped off a few times and the last time was too much for me because my Ultraleggera wheel took a serious damage :grimacing: I think I have properly done the installation process. Below are a few pics from rear brakes (right side):

clio brake 1.jpg
Clio brake 3.jpg

Clio brake 2.jpg

I have noticed the brake pads do not fit tight in their place and brake "clips" do not fit properly (they will drop down instantly when I start to drive) as you can see the last image. Maybe the brake caliber is incorrect or broken?

What do you think?

Thanks in advance. :up:

The retaining spring is not under tension and in the wrong place if you push down on the top of the brake pads when in the correct position it will spring back.

Clio 172 turbo
Happened to me twice, flew out damaging wheels, caliper was seized, second hand pair sorted it