ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV + AIRBAG LIGHT

I was driving my car yesterday and noticed that the SERV light came on along with what looks to be an Airbag light. Its got a seat belt with a bag across it? i presume this is what it is. I came into work this morning and the light was no longer present. This is probably a stupid question but what does this indicate>? A fault with the Airbag or the sensor or something?

The car has never been hit so ive no idea why the airbag light would come on?

I had the same thing happen to me on my 172. The Serv light comes on whatever the fault is. But the airbag light means that there is a fault with the system. I took mine back to dealership and apparently the airbag needed resetting. Its only a five minute job from what they said but you cant do it yourself obviously.

Let me know how you get on.

Oh... the connector under my seat is for the Airbag? thought that was an Earth for the Seat... or is there 2?

Thanks Guys, will have to wait and see if it comes back on again as its not on this morning, if it does i will check the connection under the seat and then if that doesnt work then i shall see what Renault say. It needs to go in anyway for a leaky Headlight Washer...

Ive had the car for almost a year and a half and had no trouble... why now!!??

One under each seat. Pushing together wil fix it temporarily. Had mine soldered at a service to cure it once n for all

Cool looks from what you people have told me that this is the cause, i was vaccuming the car recently and i remember trying to take the Multichanger out. I reckon i must have caught the wire under one of the seats while vaccuming. Well fingers crossed as i cant really afford to be having the Butchers at Renault charging me excessively for work they havent done. Robbing B*st*rds.