ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv esp and abs lights issue thoughts ??

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I recently bought a 172 all these lights are on and come on when I put key in before I start and stay on constantly the guy I bought it says its a 27 rear drivers side circuit fault.

He said it was the drivers side rear sensor.
I ordered the part but I got sent the wrong one so the new one don't arrive till thursday.
With the weather as it is ATM and having my kids in the car all the time I decided to have a look at the sensor, the rear right hand sensor looks brand new its shiny black and has no dirt on it the rear disc bearing and abs ring are also shiny bright rust free but the rear pads are about 2mm thick I can't understand why change all this but not the pads (the sensor bolt is rusted mush any advice on removing this)

This strikes me as odd I'm concerned he replaced all these to fix the fault and it didn't fix it and may be something else and didn't want to tell me.

This is my first clio is I'm not sure about anything about the car.

Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas ???
Thanks

clio 182 trophy
I had this on my trophy. Was the rear drivers ABS sensor. It was a unique part for the trophy at a premium cost of 120 but the other rs models are cheaper. Double check you have the correct part number off someone on here.

182 Trophy
Had this on my Trophy too and it was a rear driver side sensor. I bought the ATE item from ECP for around £60 and this fixed the issue. It even carries the OE part number!!

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
The one I got sent was a bosh one apparently they sent the non esp one they claim the next one will be the correct one charged me 40 for it, hopefully it's the correct one.

clio 182 trophy
Had this on my Trophy too and it was a rear driver side sensor. I bought the ATE item from ECP for around £60 and this fixed the issue. It even carries the OE part number!!
Ffs that is £60 i will never see again!lol. Was told that the one i had, had to be purchased as it was the only suitable one. Obviously not haha

182 Trophy
Sorry about that @182Trophy!! Strangely though, ECP only seem to stock the drivers side part these days, so would need to find another supplier or go genuine Renault on the passenger side. The ATE item I bought literally had the correct Renault part number printed on the wiring cover!

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Fitted a new sensor today everything working fine now was a pig of a job, sensor torx screw was rusted to nothing and sensor took some walking to get out then had to do some grinding to get new one to fit.