ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv light flashing, no central locking, car won't start, no windows etc

Hello,

Had a search but can't find anything useful.

When I turn the key to start the car, the fuel pump primes but the car does not crank, the headlights and hazard lights do not work, central locking does not work, the windows do not work and the serv light flashes

However the heaters, electric wing mirrors and stereo does still work.

​Is my uch fried? :(

I've sorted it now :D was the 5amp fuse (icon was open doors). However it still wouldn't start as the immobiliser stayed on. So I left the ignition on for 1 min took the key out then started it back up and it was fine! Amazing that one fuse can take out so much!

renault clio
Hi, I'm new on this, I know its 2016. I have a clio 2004 diesel. everything stopped working. widows, central locking, lights. car not starting. dash lights come on, the immobiliser light doesn't come on at all.I've checked all the fuses including 5am door fuse they're all fine. please could someone help me.
Thank you in advance :)

Focus RS + S3
@aiyaz id be starting with checking the earths, especially the thick one that goes from the the gearbox to the chassis, its in the passenger side wheel arch.

Also maybe worth seeing what the battery condition is like, clios do some strange stuff when the battery is on its way out

renault clio
Thank you for the fast reply.
I've just checked the big black cable running from the battery to the body, along with the the smaller ones. I've even got a big heavy jump lead connected it direct from the ( - ) battery to car body. As you've suggested I barrowed my brother's car battery from his Audi A3 heavy duty . It made no difference .

Clio 182 Cup
I've sorted it now :D was the 5amp fuse (icon was open doors). However it still wouldn't start as the immobiliser stayed on. So I left the ignition on for 1 min took the key out then started it back up and it was fine! Amazing that one fuse can take out so much!
I just experienced the same issue where my 182 wouldn’t start after I swapped out the aircon unit. Couldn’t figure it out and did check the main fuses , but overlooked the minor fuses as they didn’t seem to be important for starting or the ECU. But after reading your post the symptoms where exactly the same, and when I pulled out the 5 amp fuse it was fully blown. A swap with a new fuse and car started right away. These forums are invaluable! Thanks again.