ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service + Aux Belt

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Just rang up my local Sutton Park Renault for a price on the 36k service for a 172 (with a/c).
£237 - Not too bad I thought.

Asked whether it included the aux belt change and got the usual guff about it not being done until 72k, even when I told her it's in the manual to be done at 36k, but she gave me a price for the job on it's own anyway - £187!!!!! :eek: I know it's with a/c but that price is taking the piss!!

£424 for a 36k service and aux belt change. They're having a giraffe.

Soooo..... Is the aux belt something that can be entrusted to a decent garage or is it still something Renault ought to do because of the tools needed and fiddlyness of it?

It can be done by any garage its not as bad if its fails, the cambelts the one to worry about.

I'd still get a cheap Renault garage to do it just right a load up and get a cheap quote.