ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

service light and oil flashing on trip computer screen

euro'd clio!!!!
i went to have a look at a 172 today that i want to buy but when i turned the engine on the service light was on and the trip computer was flashing 'oil --------' i asked him bout it and he said that he did the service himself and that he doesnt know how to reset it. i checked the oil it was quiet new so it does sound legit so is it?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You can't "reset" it, service light means somethings broke, and the oil showing all lines means it's got no oil, or the sensors broke.

euro'd clio!!!!
i checked the level myself and it was fine. i mean the actual light that says SERVICE in the centre of the dial consol so surely if theres a fault with the sensor the fault light would come on

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the SERV light is the fault like, clios have no service indicator light as such, you just gotta remember to service it every 10k

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
10k if your like me n tend to be a bit keen :p

i souldnt buy it either unless it ws uber cheap

euro'd clio!!!!
£2750 its not for me its for me mum i got a 182 and she loves it and im going away so she cant use my car!