ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

service prices

none :(

just rang renault (stourbridge) they quoted me £260 for the 36k service on a 1.2.

is this normal or they pulling my plute

Ziel Nurburgring

Defo ring around. The 36k is a bigger service, but its only the second one and cant be that major.

Where you based?

none :(

Midlands mate

the only other one near to me is wolverhampton but then again if its cheaper im willing to travel.

Nissan Jewk

my big bike service is between £250-£300, so id expext to pay a similar amount for any big car service?

tiTTy & SV650

my sister just had her 36k service on her 1.2 8v clio, Reno quoted £240 ish but I sent her to a local garage who did it for £110 inc vat. They stamp the book but its not a renault stamp obviously.

If your car is under 3 years old make sure to use reno parts to be covered by warranty.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by nobblebonce on 22 March 2005

what needs changing etc
dunno check the service manual. Air filter, oil filter, cabin filter possibly, oil, probably nothing more major until 72k

12k £211 all in.... cant be arsed to travel anywhere so guess i will have to take it on the chin...... oh yea the bird on the phone was telling me it was 18k and not to worry! I told here it was a sport 182 right from the start she went on to say is that a diesel?

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by silvercup182 on 22 March 2005

12k £211 all in.... cant be arsed to travel anywhere so guess i will have to take it on the chin...... oh yea the bird on the phone was telling me it was 18k and not to worry! I told here it was a sport 182 right from the start she went on to say is that a diesel?
I opted for a 3 year service package when I bought the car, cost £300. well worth it I reckon.

ST

Renaults service to start with is crap but when you add women into the mix things really become interesting! Last time my car was in getting the exterior temp sensor replaced they couldnt figure out how to put the alarm on or off on my car. I was told by the women at the service desk the next time i put my car in, ive to leave the it "un alarmed", i was like if i leave it un alarmed it wont start as the imobiliser comes on after 30 seconds of no ignition activity.

When i was sitting in the showroom when they were working on my car i could hear my alarm going off because they didnt know how to switch it off, i asked the service manager why my alarm was going off and i was told if it had been a renault alarm that was on the car it wouldnt have been a problem! Its a Toad AI606 i have, its not the most complex alarm in the world FFS!

I paid £220 for mine you mcan get it done for £210 if you shop round.
Any more than £250 and there over charging you IMO.

2 CLIO 16 VALVES

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 22 March 2005

Renaults service to start with is crap but when you add women into the mix things really become interesting! Last time my car was in getting the exterior temp sensor replaced they couldnt figure out how to put the alarm on or off on my car. I was told by the women at the service desk the next time i put my car in, ive to leave the it "un alarmed", i was like if i leave it un alarmed it wont start as the imobiliser comes on after 30 seconds of no ignition activity.

When i was sitting in the showroom when they were working on my car i could hear my alarm going off because they didnt know how to switch it off, i asked the service manager why my alarm was going off and i was told if it had been a renault alarm that was on the car it wouldnt have been a problem! Its a Toad AI606 i have, its not the most complex alarm in the world FFS!
Id like a apologie for that comment please I think thats well out of order, Im a WOMAN and a Renault service advisor. I am more than capable of servicing my own car and do regularly I also did my own cambelt change at the weekend and I will be doing my clutchin a couple of weeks.

im very good at my job and am able to give the right advise, beind female has nothing to do with it. How many men in this club are cabaple of doing the job well??

As for service costs if you shop round and take your lowest Renault quote back to the dealer you want to take it to they will generally discount it for you rather than loose the business.

Hi all im new to this site as from tonight ,i have joined because i do suffer from the same probs as u guys bein a renault owner myself,and on the subject of the service i had my first one at 18 thousand miles of a cost of 175 pounds and when i got home after driving it back from renault i realised that from under the engine oil was pi**ing out everywhere.
So in anger i took it back to Renault and gave them a gob full!! then after gettin it back from them for the second time i asked for some sort of compensation the customer service manager issued me a letter saying that
"The charge for a 36,000 mile service on clio registered bla bla bla.... is to be 132 pounds on presentation of this letter"
but the problem is i am givin it back after three years therefore not benefitting from it :(

ST

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey16v on 22 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 22 March 2005

Id like a apologie for that comment please I think thats well out of order, Im a WOMAN and a Renault service advisor. I am more than capable of servicing my own car and do regularly I also did my own cambelt change at the weekend and I will be doing my clutchin a couple of weeks.

im very good at my job and am able to give the right advise, beind female has nothing to do with it. How many men in this club are cabaple of doing the job well??

As for service costs if you shop round and take your lowest Renault quote back to the dealer you want to take it to they will generally discount it for you rather than loose the business.

It wasnt a personal attack on you, it was the women at my local dealer who is not even a tech just someone who answers the phone and books peoples cars in.

Chill it out.

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey16v on 22 March 2005Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 22 March 2005Id like a apologie for that comment please I think thats well out of order, Im a WOMAN and a Renault service advisor. I am more than capable of servicing my own car and do regularly I also did my own cambelt change at the weekend and I will be doing my clutchin a couple of weeks. im very good at my job and am able to give the right advise, beind female has nothing to do with it. How many men in this club are cabaple of doing the job well?? Could you do my stearing wheel for me when its in please.;)(its been rebooked in). Also can you leave a few Renault CDs on the seat, a few Renault computer boxes and replace the cracked radiator (was worth a try).

2 CLIO 16 VALVES

Are you having the work done at lookers Chester by any chance, when you came to book it in you took the 182 out on test drive?