ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Setting up an internet site

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
Hi, I'm a technical numpty with no programing experience, I've found a couple of domain names that I'm going to register.

How do I get going building a site, I just want to show the Clio build and then trackday diary with vids.

Someone told me some domain places offer building tools, anyone had experience of these and will they allow me to do what I want.

Some recommendations would be helpful

Thanks

Last edited:
  Ibiza FR
If your looking to do it all yourself, I suggest looking into wordpress, a free CMS (Content Management System) that you can install onto your host, You can set it up to work as a blog so perfect for tracking progress of the car and news updates etc.

Have a look online for tutorials of setting up a wordpress site, there are tonnes out there along with themes etc.

The building tools I have seen offered by hosting sites etc aren't the best in my experience, and some can be pretty hard to work out, only offering basic control.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
theres a thing called mr site takeaway, you get it in pc world etc, not free but not expensive and has a step by step thing its super easy

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
A mate has recommended iWeb then publish using MobileMe, anyone tried this, I've got a MacBook Pro that I just use for browsing the web so might be worth gettin some more use out of this.

I'll look into the PC World app as well

Jap Box
If you want to have a blast around a control panel for hosting just drop me a PM, ill set you up a demo account that you can have a fiddle around with. Its got cPanel with a pile of self-installing content management systems and the likes, really couldnt be simpler once you get used to it, and you might learn from it too :)

What wil prob be easiest for you if setting up a wordpress.com account, they host the blog and you can point your domain to it when you get one by changing the DNS servers.

Then if you want more freedom with wordpress, you can download the source files from wordpress.org and install it under your own hosting. But i highly reconnmend .com first as you have the ease and security of their host.