ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Settings Advice - UV Room

My brother has asked me to come along and take some photos of a band he manages, as he knows i'm a bit of a "photo wh0re".

The location is a room that is covered with UV paint. I've never done anything like this before, so could anyone offer any advice with regards to the best settings to use etc as i'm totally clueless?!

Room in question:
395801_280982765296617_100001546866117_789062_1419326470_n.jpg

Any help, info or links would be muchly appreciated, as I would like to get some decent photos for him. :)

I assume they have some UV lights which is causing the paint to fluoresce? (react)

If so, use a tripod!!

Try aperture priority, the camera may struggle exposing as it looks pretty complicated. If so, switch to manual until you get a good exposure.

If the UV reactions are what I think they are, don't use a flash as that will drown out the fluorescence. I do this sort of thing at work, and I know the fluorescence will be really weak compared to a camera flash. But if you know how to use a flash, you could use that for a bit of fill, but not the main light.

Thinking about it, are you taking photos of the room, or the band....in the room?

If it's the latter, scratch the tripod idea.

Just prey your camera is good at high ISO, as you'll need a very fast lens, or high ISO (probably both tbh).

Cheers for the info Dan. It'll be of the band within the room.

Its going to take alot of playing about, but I want a general idea of what i'm doing beforehand lol.

Well it's quite hard to say, but if you're dealing with UV, then I know the ambient light levels will be very low. So high ISO (without it being noisy) is a must.

Sounds like a tricky one, best of luck!