ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shamed - Bad Boys Bodystyling...Help!

i dont know if any of you have heard of this Birmingham based company but they are the most unhelpful, decietful company ive met and show a complete lack of customer care.

i ordered (and paid for) a 3-piece spoiler for my clio from them on the 2nd Dec 2002. It is now 3rd April 2003 and i have still not recieved it. Thats 4 Months ive been strung along for and im sick of it know. I was initially told it would be a 3-week wait. After 3 weeks it didnt appear. I called the number given to me and reached AK motorsport, who apparantly are the same company as Bad boys, they said it would be out within a couple of weeks.didnt arrive and i called again, to be told he would ring back after the guy at AK called the guys in Birmingham.He never called.

I rang back and he said it would be with me the following week. again it didnt arrive so i called back, again he contacted birmingham and said it would be out next week.

it was now near the end of january and it still hadnt arrived, i managed to get a number to contact bad boys directly, where for the last 3 months i have rung up every week and been told it would be with me within "a few days" each time. At one point he told me it was sent out and on its way!then it didnt arrive and he said it hasnt been sent out???!!

ive been fu**ed over, told a stream of excuses, which contradict each other. The reasons they give me for not having it yet change every week. when i phone up i find it extremely hard to get an answer sometimes, and when i do i ask for the guy in charge, they ask me what its about, i say clio spoiler and then im told "oh, hes out at the moment - ring back in an hour". im lucky to talk to the guy.

Whats more i was at the max power weeknder at skegness at the weekend and i met the guy i had been talkin to on the phone! he gave me more excuses and said it would be with me by this weekend - who can guess it wont turn up?

thanks to anyone that has took the time to read this and id be happy for any advice as to what i can do about it?

ive posted this on other boards im member to (cruiseboard and strathycruise) in a bid to warn people of this company and to gain any advice on what i should do.

Pay a visit to your local friendly Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office my friend.

A letterhead can work wonders!

Quote: Originally posted by spinthedecks on 03 April 2003

i ordered (and paid for) a 3-piece spoiler for my clio from them on the 2nd Dec 2002.

he says he paid when he ordered it, btw did you pay by credit card?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

and if you did pay by credit card have they actually taken the money off yet..

172 M69 eater

i come from bham and all iv ever heard bout bad boys has been bad, they r the biggest load of sh*te ever!!

in my opinion the best thing to do is go to trading standards and get legal advice. get them to chase it up cs they will have alot more success than u.

i would b very tempted to take it to a few maagzines cus i know 4 or 5 ppl who have brought trading standards in against them, but never took it to the magazines eventually as they were just glad to get away with their goods. i think ppl need to know how shat they r and then less ppl will end up in ur situation

but its totally up to u! i hope u f*ck em big time!!

patty

BMW 320d Sport

ring them up, say you want a full refund plus interest for all the time theyve had your money, and you want it immediately. To be honest I wouldnt trust them with a switch card or your account details, ask for cash or a cheque. Say otherwise its the trading standards and the magazines. If the worst came to the worst and you had to pursue them through the small claims court, they would be charged interest on the money they owe you.

BTW after you get your refund, then write to all the mags anyway.

:devilish:when you get your money from them pop down to your local garage, fill a bottle up with their finest petrol and then deliver the said filled bottle with a lit rag attached through firms windows :devilish:

I had a similar problem with my Kit. I was told by PSG that it would 6 weeks to develop, fit and paint the kit. It took 3 MONTHS!!! And then two weeks after I got home the paint that took two weeks to do, is chipping to the primer, which is yellow!! Now They wont give me a refund and i have had to ring up every day to make sure the car is re-booked for a proper re-spray with thenm

Lionel Richie

Ill be up at their factory in the next couple of days (the wheel refurb place i use is next door) a mate of mines dad know the guys that work their,ill ask about for you????

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 03 April 2003

Ill be up at their factory in the next couple of days (the wheel refurb place i use is next door) a mate of mines dad know the guys that work their,ill ask about for you????

that would be great, im getting sick of this sh*t :mad:

decided that if it doesnt arrive this weekend then they will have trading standards at their door along with their bodyshop appearing on cruise sites throughout the country and in the mags - it wont be good publicity:mad:

Yeah, knock up a stiff letter after youve been to the Citizens Advice Bureau. They should be able to tell you what to do.

Id take to ringing them every half hour or faxing them at the same interval asking each time when your spoiler is arriving. And if it gets to the point where they just hang up on you then phone every 10 minutes or less. (Vary it to keep em on their toes!) The more you p1ss them off the more likely they are to do something about it. If you can get a recorder to tape their responses itd be good for your future defence, though I believe you have to tell them that you are recording them.

Or you could ring them from a landline and when they hang up just leave yours as it is - that should nicely engage them all day and mean they get less custom and v. p1ssed off at not being able to phone anyone... :devilish: Cost to you, but hey, its fun!

Good luck mate.