ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shampoo & Wax Suggestions

Hi,

I currently use Mer shampoo and Mer wax to wash my car with but fancy a change and was wondering what would be a good buy...

I'm not looking to spend £100's but would like something that will produce good results. I also liked the idea of having a wax that combines a polish, sealant, and wax as the thought of having to polish for hours and hours intimidates me somewhat.

What would be the best products to buy?

I own a dark grey car BTW

Cheers
Alex

106 GTi
There is no real product that will do all those steps in one.

For the best results you need to put the steps in once every few months, but does not need to cost much.

Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss Sealant once every three to six months and wash with a wash'n'wax type shampoo inbetween.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss Sealant once every three to six months and wash with a wash'n'wax type shampoo inbetween.

Darn it! i ended up getting a litre of the stuff (ASR) for £15, going to last me years lol

shampoo - THE BEST IS ZYMOL AUTO WASH.

Costs 6 quid for a 3 month or so supply bottle and leaves the most lusturous shimmer over the paint!

E90
fairyLiquidPack_IL.jpg

turtlewax2.jpg

Just for you Rich ;)

106 GTi
Sonax Lusty, Sonax, don't be mistaking it for the Sonus Shampoo.

Dont use it myself anymore though ;)

106 GTi
Zymöl Clear at the moment as my car is coated in Zymol Concours at the moment.

Will be going back to Swissvax Car Bath at the weekend when I go back to there waxes.

Duragloss Wash when I am using other waxes and sealants on it.

On my daily drive, Meguiars Shampoo Plus or Hyperwash as they are both 15 odd quid for 3 litres.

Thanks for all your help

I might try the following....

Poorboys slick n suds shampoo
Poorboy's Polish with Sealant All-In-One
Nattys Paste wax

Do you think these products will work well together and where is the best place to buy them from?

Thanks again...

106 GTi
Will be looking at 30 odd days protection in reality. Still need a decent stand alone sealant on there to be honest.

There are very few proven sealants out there in durability terms.

106 GTi
Swissvax Best of Show if you want the ultimate Bling look and 12 weeks protection to boot ;)

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
50 quid for BOS? You are wishing there.;)

Just ordered some Victoria concours, looking forward to tyring it. Need to save up for some BOS.