ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shell question

Are there any differences between a Ph1 172 shell and a normal Ph1 clio shell?

And similary are there any differences between a Ph2 182 shell and a normal Ph2 clio shell?

BMW M135i
Nope not as far as I know. There the same shell, front subframe is strenghened on the RS (all of them) but body wise there identical.

The only different on the 182 shell I know of is the lack of a spare wheel well compared to the 172 and Mk2 Ph2/3/4.

The Ph1 shell does differ slightly to the Ph2-4 shell slightly though, although thats all of them not just the RS's.

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Plus you answered my next question, which was if not is there a difference in the subframes :)

I assume the RS models have longer wishbones aswell

Lionel Richie
yep will be fine, the front subframes are identical (apart from the RS on is double skinned) and the non rs one is missing the hole for the lower gearbox mount

also non rs has a sunroof (the roof bends!) and the rear arches aren't rolled (std procedure on the rs shell)

The biggest PITA is the sunroof really. Would need to replace the glass or preferably weld something in place.

Weld in cage would go someway to reduce the ridgity lost from having a stupid hole cut in the roof I guess :)