ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shoestring Roadtrip 2nd Time...

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R
As some of you with elephant like memories may remember a post i did a while back about a trip to the south of spain and back in a £60 car; well this post follows a similar form (no toll roads, no GPS...just your europe road map), it is a new trip that took place last year.....

We had a massive budge this year as demonstrated by our sound system (Renault Speakers...wooo)

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

Car fully taxed and MOT'd : £80
Insurance : £0
Racing Stripe : Free Paint Tester (B&Q house emulsion i thinik)
Ferry : £40
Petrol & Food: £300

Firstly here was an aproximate MS Paint attempt to show the route....

map1.jpg

map2.jpg

Somewhere in the north of France we had to bed down for the night in luxary as always, the trusty tent was back for a second year.

PICT0547.jpg

After some driving we found a nice little fishing lake set up camp an got the fire going. At about 1.30am that night/morning we heard the sound of 4x4 heading in our direction. We were brickin it because we didn't think that a french farmer would be in the best of moods finding us on his land. He pulled up at the tent door and then slowly reversed back and dissapeared, strange but we were relived.

IMG_0023.jpg

Car in good working order the next day.

PICT0553.jpg

Night spent next to a river which was nice down some public footpath.

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Mountain driving was awsome so were the veiws all around us, it took all the little car had to give try to get us up some of the roads (auto box with 3 speed forward). Pics speak for themselves......

IMG_0033.jpg

PICT0565.jpg

PICT0571.jpg

Another 2 nights of travel; One next to an industrial railway line and station the other was under a motorway (no joke)

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Enter Italy amazing! Oh and Police Lambo (1*2's would have it on the twisties)

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

Croatia....

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Slovenia...

IMG_0070.jpg

Ceska Republika Recived a fine for not hacing my lights on bearing in mind that it as about 100F and 1 in the afternoon oh well.....

IMG_0091.jpg

Another night next to a power station with it's gentle humming noise in the background. On leaving Ceska Republika we had some money left over so we stopped at a local shop and purchased a 23kg water mellon, she was large, along with that was a 1ltr bottle of rum....

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

PICT0597.jpg

PICT0599.jpg

On the ferry home.....

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

Gave us a chance to reflect on a great trip and a great car. There were so many more pics and stories to go with the trip but i thought i would share a little taster of what it was like.

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
thats great! the daihatsu actually looks like a legend in the last pic!

how many miles in totall did you cover?

This is so cool - I want to do one but knowing my luck I'd break down in the middle of nowhere and either be dragged into a barn and shot by a local inbred farmer or end up having to hitchhike my way back with fat, bearded truckers who look at you funny... lol

GSXR + KDX220
Old thread I know...... but great little road trip, and on the cheap too!

we stopped at a local shop and purchased a 23kg water mellon, she was large

haha, made me laugh!!