ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I ditch the 400d for a D80?

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Can get the D80 with kit lens (18-135) for around £500 at the moment and not sure if I should sell my 400d with lens, 50mm prime and Sigma 70-300 to fund the purchase. Only thing I can see that I would be losing on is the topend zoom but this isnt top priority at the moment.

Do you guys think it is worth it? is the D80 a significant improvement over the 400d?

I know it is an older modem now, but my insurance company will insure it on a new for old basis anyway should the worst happen

Cheers

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
modem?

I'm not sure there would be any significant advantages from changing. £500 seems steep for a D80 and kit lens. However, you could get a mint D200 and lens for around that price.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I meant to type model, why I got mode I have no idea :D

The £500 is for a brand new D80 so is a tad higher, just not sure if it worth the extra or if I should stick by Canon. IdeallyI would like to upgrade to 50d, but this is way out of my price range and Nikons pricing seems to be a bit better than canons. Thats the only thing tempting me across.

Just checekd ebay as well and have seen that 2nd hand 80d's are going for more than £500

Last edited:
40D should be better than the D80 on paper (which is probably on par with the older 30D) and around the same price... just depends on personal preference..