ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i let g/f drive me car??

clio 182 ff
hello all. the problem i'm having is i have the 182 an g/f has the damuquie r how very it is spelt anyways we both live together an i have a works van so my car sits in the garage all week so should i sell hers an let her drive mine r keep both tryed making her catch bus but got a slap lol:)

audi a6 3.0tdi
don't let her no matter how much you love her if she crashes it you may end up in prison

I dont see the problem, its only a car. You can buy another.

You let her teeth near you knob, you dont ask us about that.

clio 182 ff
haha was thinking the shame but had to prove to her that all the clio lads would say the same cheers lads:)

Shed.
was asking my gf this lol.

she pays the diference on mine when shes passed her test so i can let her drive around town whilst i get shitfaced. She doesnt drink.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My Mrs drives the Evo everyday to work, and she also used to drive my 172.
If you don't trust her to drive your car, what hope have you got??

Let her drive it, but just be sure to set down some ground rules, like mind the wheels on kerbs, no smoking/ eating in the car etc As others have said its only a Clio.

clio 182 ff
u all ment to say no lol looks like she wins how much do u think a 1.2 16vdynamique silver 51 plate 40k 12 month tax an mot is worth??

Maz

LY 200
  Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Why not?

I let blokes drive my car.. whilst I'm passenger and cringing and how they're driving.. or stalling ;)

clio 182 ff
yeah maz woman can drive my g/f can't lol.

cheers lads an girls people of all ages lol thanks for the help you've all been great:)

Why not?

I let blokes drive my car.. whilst I'm passenger and cringing and how they're driving.. or stalling ;)

Meow!!! It was your dodgy clutch!!

I wasnt cringing, I saw my rather short life flash before my eyes and I was scared!! lol

I feel safer when you're driving my car than I do with you driving your car, when mines twice the speed of yours! lol

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I say let her drive it, as long as she is going to be careful with it. Dunc will always let me drive whatever car he owns as he knows I will treat it better than I treat my own, and mine gets seriously babied. I don't let him drive mine as I know if given half the chance he would just have to put his foot down to see how well she goes, and I seriously won't have that! lol

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Contemplating adding my gf to the insurance for my 172... I reckon its gonna add lots of moneys onto the policy tho (She's 19, and has been driving a year)

The main thing thats stopping me putting her on it is that she drives a 1.7 diesel (non turbo) Corsa thats slower than my old 1.2 :p

Why not let her how much trust realy exists in a relationship if you won't even let here use your reasonably common car its not like its a 1 off super rare car which don't leave a garage she's asking to use.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I've always let the other half drive my cars, no reason not to. Even put a green P plate on the old one for her :)

Only if you own shares in an alloy wheel refurb company. Lend your car to your missus and sooner or later it WILL return with scraped bumpers, cracked splitters and scared alloys. This is a scientifically proven fact, and it's just a waiting game before all of the above come true.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport

Only if you own shares in an alloy wheel refurb company. Lend your car to your missus and sooner or later it WILL return with scraped bumpers, cracked splitters and scared alloys. This is a scientifically proven fact, and it's just a waiting game before all of the above come true.

i have never done any of the above in any of the cars ive driven!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
hello all. the problem i'm having is i have the 182 an g/f has the damuquie r how very it is spelt anyways we both live together an i have a works van so my car sits in the garage all week so should i sell hers an let her drive mine r keep both tryed making her catch bus but got a slap lol:)

why not?

i let her drive my car all the time...:rasp: