ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I let my Missus drive my new car

Black 182 + Recaros

Yeah but can she put it into reverse ? Youd be surprised.

My girlfriend couldnt. She went to reverse into the driveway and then realised she couldnt find the gear. I looked out of the window to see my pride and joy abandoned in the middle of the street.

My girlfriend of 6 years is insured on my 172 Cup as it saved me over £100 on the insurance (she is a professional, it seems to make a difference). She drives a MG ZR 105 and Im still trying to decide whether she can drive it or not as well. She is extremely careful with regards to kerbing etc and keeps her car in immaculate condition so I have no worries there, but she is what I would describe politely as a risk-taker out on the roads, that coupled with a lighter and considerably more powerful car is enough to terrify me.

May take her out one quiet evening and let her she how she gets on with it, but I certainly wont ever be letting her go out in it without me being in the passenger seat unless its an emergency.

Thanks for getting back to me on this thread. I am glad on that my first post has got such a good response.Sorry about spelling renault wrong but I am a dislexic lol.

The only bummer as you could see is that my missus logged on my account and has found out about my question (oh s h i t ) lol

I will have to let her drive it now!!!!

Anyone know where to get some cheap replacment alloys? rlmao

;)

Get a grip guys, its just a car. I let my girlfriend drive my 182 and it is fine (er so far - touch alcantara).

When I look over at her 1.2 16v clio - the wheels are a little scuffed, but I think she appreciates the fact that alloys should not be used to find the curb.

Also, my insurance was MUCH cheaper with my girlfriend on it

320d M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Kelly on 10 May 2005

:s some nice replies here. Can honestly say though in 6 years i have no points, no accidents and not one kerbed alloy - my dilemma is whether to let my other half drive the coupe ;)
u know its right!

ooh, look what car ive come to work in, lol!

182 Cup, (2nd one)

mason lost out!!!!!!!!!

We bought the 182 cup in inferno yesterday and guess who has the car today-me

With size 12 feet he finds the pedals hard to use damm shame looks like i will be driving it the most.

charlie

Quote: Originally posted by charlie b on 14 May 2005

With size 12 feet he finds the pedals hard to use damm shame looks like i will be driving it the most.

charlie
Ive got size 13 and never had any trouble (had 3 Clios now), things are a little tight but the good thing is they are too big to get stuck in between pedals or anywhere!

LY182/NHB CTR

Thats it Charl you let him drive the beaten up polo and well go for a blast up Brecon while his is working lol :devilish: he can always clean it when we get back..

Yeah let her drive it...............but be sure to take a brush and a shovel with you to sweep up the pieces eh :D

Cya stu