ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i polish?

Black Gold 182
I have a brand new Black Gold 182. 990 km so far. After a couple of days of buying it, I noticed some marks on the hood. As far as i know they are not swirl marks. I dont know what they are big patches (like the way fingerprints look, but much bigger).

I took it to a detailing shop here, which says he can polish it for 50 pounds (I am not in the UK). He tested his PC machine on the roof of the car and you can tell the difference. It's as if the car came from the dealership like this. Anyone know what the problem might be and should I polish so soon? The guy mentioned that the light is not reflecting properly on the car.

Regardless of car age the dealership can f**k up the paint when they wash it, it may also have been poorly washed upmteen times before it got delivered to the dealers! At the docks etc!

If the polishing is showing up a difference then yes go for it!! RS clio paint is reasonably thick at an average of 150 microns compared to say 120 for a ford, 110 for a new dub! So theres plenty to play with!!