ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i put a carbon bonnet on my car?

A number of clios
what do you think????

my car now

frontnow750x562.jpg

and photoshop (not realy good but you get the idea)

carbonbonnet.jpg

Turbos.
I personally think they are a bit chavvy. K-tecs one isn't very light in order to be as strong as OEM. I'd rather see a super thin one which you can just pin.

1.6 focus zetec....
I love the carbon fibre ones and was going to get one myself but the cash flow died so i say yes...get one...

Kiza

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Looks good

depends hwo fussy ur insurance get over it ! especiallyfor a pin down one :p

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
bit max powerish to me, but if you are into that kind of thing go for it. only way i would put a carbon bonnet on my car is, if my car was black!

cock mobile.
I like carbon bonnets, but the car looks sweet as it is, don't want to over do it!

C

Cupster

I would normally say no but I think it looks cool on your colour scheme

Mégane RS
i've got the same colour as you and mine didnt look too good, i've now got a racing light weight bonnet which needs spraying and is 7-9kg lighter than the standard one

Clio 172 mk2
Like carbon bonnets for the weight saving issues but not keen on the 'maxxed' look of them.

Turbos.
Vinnyc19 said:
i've got the same colour as you and mine didnt look too good, i've now got a racing light weight bonnet which needs spraying and is 7-9kg lighter than the standard one

Fibreglass? Where from?

I was thinking of getting one made up but then it will probably have to get resprayed every year as it will craze.

182 + Cup
I'd only do it if you painted it i.e. from a weight saving point of view. I'm not really into modding (no need IMO) but your car looks quite good as it is.

Chocolate Bar™
i think carbon bonnets look best on a black car cos they dont look to ott (not that i'm biased or anything he he) think it'd look good though, they always look gorgeous in real life due to the light picking up the weeve etc.