ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i remove tints poll

b/g 182, meg tourer
right, im in a bit of a pickle. im 90% sure i want to remove the tints but 10% of me really likes the stealth look.
have thought of the good and bad points of KEEPING the tints.

the good points.

-looks stealth
-keeps the sun out
-stops people peering in (a little)
-they are leagal tints
-they are not too dark and look better than most tints

the bad.

-looks a little like a van
-looks a little chavy/childish/max power
-i have aircon anyway (or open the windows)
-probably makes people look in more because they think you have something to hide.
-look like some kind of drug dealer

so... what do you think? the said car with tints...

DSC00881.gif

DSC00789-1.gif

DSC00565.gif

i removed the sun strip today and im very confident i can do a good job of removing the tints (with time and patience)

what do you think? stay or go? all comments/abuse welcome.

remove imediatly!!!

edit: not really being a naive hater btw :) removed mine just b4 xmas and i am over the moon

i personally say keep them.

and sorry to bust the nice bubble, but ALL window tints on the front, regardless of percentage are now illegal, as of sept 08.

jamie

b/g 182, meg tourer
i personally say keep them.

and sorry to bust the nice bubble, but ALL window tints on the front, regardless of percentage are now illegal, as of sept 08.

jamie

yeah, i was told by the chap that tinted them that all tints on the front windows were illegal (because the standard glass is already very slightly tinted). but when i was pulled for them the policeman tested them and said they were within the leagal limit :S i was shocked!

clio rs
they look good on ur clio - u mite mess the windows up in the process - if naythink remove the chav looking wheels and get sum turinis

b/g 182, meg tourer
they look good on ur clio - u mite mess the windows up in the process - if naythink remove the chav looking wheels and get sum turinis

the wheels are far better than turini's. much lighter, great venting for the brakes. and they are a little different. and hang on... are your fogs on in that avatar pic and your giving me advice on not being a chav? (apologies if its just the sun reflecting)
i won't mess my windows up. im 100% sure of that.

b/g 182, meg tourer
well... after being 1mm away from the tints 3 hours ago being 90% sure on removing them. im now 50/50 as people seem to love them. lol.

i just dont want to take them off and regret it. might leave them on for a little while till im 100% sure.
oh and the ultraleggera's are staying. awesome set of wheels imo.

200 Gordini
well... after being 1mm away from the tints 3 hours ago being 90% sure on removing them. im now 50/50 as people seem to love them. lol.

i just dont want to take them off and regret it. might leave them on for a little while till im 100% sure.
oh and the ultraleggera's are staying. awesome set of wheels imo.

When i had my rear side window smashed on my old car i had it replaced with a non tinted window and came close to removing the other tints!

Very glad i didnt, just got the new one tinted again and won :rasp:

^^ my two fronts were smashed in, rears were tinted, removed them and now like it more as i am clean freak, tinted look a little "dull"

jamie

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Dont like tints but that looks nice, also remove twonk strip and your onto a winner

b/g 182, meg tourer
oh and the rear of the car is like this at the moment... not de-badged.

DSC01354.gif

do you still think it pulls off the tints? i might even de-badge (again) soon and paint the rear diamond. thoughts?

b/g 182, meg tourer
Dont like tints but that looks nice, also remove twonk strip and your onto a winner

was removed earlier today mate. mentioned it in the first post. removing the strip was a tester to see how hard it would be to remove the tints.