ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I sell my 570's for a 7950?

F82 M4
Well doing a bit of research I'm leaning towards the AMD route now due to costs. I currently have 570's in SLi and they are pretty damn good but the problem is that they are relatively loud and very power hungry. I'm always using well over 700w of my PSU.

Also been reading that 1.25GB of VRAM may be an issue in the near future as well.

I can get a 7950 for £240 which includes some free games (Far Cry 3, Dirt Showdown, COD:MW2, Nexuiz, Sleeping Dogs and Hitman Absolution). Can probably get £130-£160 for each of the 570's.

Now I understand I'll probably see a performance drop for the time being (how much you reckon?) but I'm going to look at Crossfiring the 7950 in February anyway. 7950 in CF = Win?

What you reckon? Anyone want to buy a 570 cheap? :cool:

Evo 5 RS
No.

1. Crossfire is far more hit and miss than SLi, and the Catalyst Ai is a gamble whether or not games will function correctly with it.

2. The drivers are generally just problematic when compared with Nvidia.

3. Power Play is sketchy, sometimes resulting in games running at 2D clock speeds equating to dreadful performance.

4. No proper Physx support.

Perks are; 2D always looks sharper, always has done. And the shaders look slightly better. That's not to say ATi/AMD cards are terrible, they're just not as good, end of.

Generally speaking you will be fine with 1.5 to 2GB of VRAM if you're playing at 1080. You only hit a barrier when playing above this

Last edited: