ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i swap?

only thing thats putting me off is that its not the face lift, with the better lights etc. but to drive its night and day the clio seems like a sluggish lump of s**t.

635599-1.jpg

Is it like this one? Its quite nice.

I'd be wary about a mate wanting to swap. Rule number 1 of selling cars is never sell to your friends and family. It may come back to bite you in the ass.

Da

Less
Personally, no but hey ho it's your choice!
As said already I'd be wary as to why he wanted to swap in the first place!

BMW M135i
If yours is worth more then it seems stupid to swap, sell yours and buy one if you want one that bad. I'd avoid one down the the ammount of shear tossers that drive them generally. They're not expensive brand new are they iirc?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Stop being a mentalist dude! Yours is worth more, and now people are so obsessed with petrol prices it'll be worth more in the future as a small car with an decent low tax derv engine.

If you must though, and I really wouldn't, at least get him to pay you the difference in values. And don't just go off Parkers or something, look on Autotrader and see what they're actually worth. His is going to run out of warranty before yours too, and it'll probably be showing rust in another year or two hehe ;)

And as for the build quality, I'd say the Mk3 Clio was quite a bit better than the current Fiesta. Nicer materials in the Clio rather than the eggbox like stuff in the Fiesta.

Also, there is the running costs to consider, your tax is going to get expensive, driven equally it'll probably get about 2/3rds of the mpg yours will get, which is a shitload more than the difference between the cost of petrol an diesel...

What model DCi is yours? It seems like a silly swap to me, you'll be getting about the same car except owning it will cost you a s**t load more. But at the end of the day, it's up to you - if he's a proper mate he'll offer to pay at least the book value difference anyway. If he doesn't, kick him in the flaps.

Dan

Last edited:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
If yours is worth more then it seems stupid to swap, sell yours and buy one if you want one that bad. I'd avoid one down the the ammount of shear tossers that drive them generally. They're not expensive brand new are they iirc?
The new Special Ed red one with chess board style roof are £13,000. Morons people who pay that for them.