ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show cage...

Clio 182
Does anyone know where I can get a show cage from? Tried the usual ebay etc but can only find full bolt in cages which are out of my budget atm, I want to see what they are like before I invest in a bolt in cage in the future.

More poke than viagr
KTec racing do one, but its quite expensive brand new, best to look out for a second hand one....be quick tho because they tend to go quite fast lol

Clio 182
Yeah I saw Ktec's its about £600, I know ebay had a batch of cages for 106/saxo's before for about £100 I was wondering if they done any for mk2 Clios

In which case I wouldn't bother wasting money on a show cage.

Just save money for a proper cage and have a look and sit in a clio with a cage fitted to see if you like it.

Show cages are gay.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
^^ as said, shwo cages wont act as a roll cage in a crash, they are litterally just for show,

looks like someones arranging a group buy on normal cages in the for sale section,
only half cages though

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I agree that there's no point getting one then the other but surely even a show cage would make SOME change to how rigid the car is... They're not made of cheese!

MR2 Mk1.5
Does anyone know where I can get a show cage from? Tried the usual ebay etc but can only find full bolt in cages which are out of my budget atm, I want to see what they are like before I invest in a bolt in cage in the future.

Check your insurance will cover you with a cage fitted!

I agree that there's no point getting one then the other but surely even a show cage would make SOME change to how rigid the car is... They're not made of cheese!

Your right, but will you notice the difference? I doubt it, very much.

Best off just saving for a proper cage, it will provide a lot more rigidity and a lot more safety.

And it will stop you looking like some gay chav ;)