ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

show cars?- what the f**k do they use??

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
right, you know when you go to like max power show for example, how do they get the show cars so f**king shiny??any idea what they use to get it so shiny and glossy? also what brings out shine on a black car?

106 GTi
A good glaze and natural carnuba wax is the way to go for good looks and a show car shine.

On black try something like Meguiars Show Car Glaze and P21s or Poorboys Nattys Blue Carnuba waxes.

No more clio's for me!
Re: show cars?- what the f**k do they use??

Mattsclio! said:
how do they get the show cars so f**king shiny??any idea what they use to get it so shiny and glossy? also what brings out shine on a black car?

Elbow grease!!

Seriously tho, i used meg's show car carnuba wax (two coats 24hours apart) on top of AG SRP and megs paint cleanser and a gold class shampoo. Gonna order some Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba BLUE and Poorboy's Natty's Wax BLUE from seriousperformance to do the job serious properly next time, as rich says above that stuff will bring black out a treat.

But the results from the megs stuff is ok, even by hand.

IMG_2319.jpg

106 GTi
Using a glaze which is high in oils, is ideal for the deep wet look.

It leaves a wet film on top of the surface which looks fantastic. Wont last long so needs sealing n with a good wax. These also are not great durability wise, but this is far surpassed by hopw good they look.

As Dan says - it's all in the prep, the paint cleaning and polishing. I have had great results alone from Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss as I have had with expensive mail order stuff. As long as there over a well prepared surface, it's process rather than products.

IMG_5794.jpg

IMG_5848.jpg

Lots of elbow grease or life can be made eaier if you have access to a machine polisher.

As Rich says a high oil glaze and carnuba wax will work a treat. This is acar I prepared, not for a show but its 'pretty show car' in its looks!!

Nissan350Z037.jpg

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
use 3m hand glaze on 1 of those buffign heads you you can put in a battery drill. i did ym car the other day with this 3M hand glaze and it cums out buff.