ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show me your ....

bunzee said:
Here's mine, nothing too special but I like it :)

IMG_1037.jpg
a few of my mates, all have these in silver nice h/u

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Never really seen the point of aftermarket HUs.

The Renault one is more than suffice, unless you want to drive around BOOM BOOM BOOM like a young scally. Get to my grumpy age of 30 and you'll realise it's a little bit sad.

Plus, it just makes the car more break-in-able.

1.2 16v
Chris1.4RT said:

The Renault one is more than suffice, unless you want to drive around BOOM BOOM BOOM like a young scally. Get to my grumpy age of 30 and you'll realise it's a little bit sad.

You are joking arent you? the difference in sound quality is about 10 times better and thats before youve even thought about changing the speakers. Its a question of quality really!

Im not sure having an aftermarket hu in any way qualifies anyone as being a scally, its just a sign of someone who appreciates good quality sound!

I appreciate good quality sound too which is why at home I have a decent hifi. I don't get in my car to listen to music. I get in it to drive it. Music just happens to be a by-product.

I just don't think it's that neccessary to have really high quality music when I'm driving. It's more than adequate what's in the car as standard.

It's all about personal preference and the standard more than does me.

I honestly think though that the majority of these charlies that drive around with the sound up and windows down, are clearly doing it for other people's 'benefit' rather than their own.

I've yet to hear a car drive past and think 'there's a decent song he's playing. Wow, he's cool.' But, it's all about personal preferences. None of those pics I've seen show the HU matching the dashboard.

I've seen plenty of threads on here too where people have had their ICE knicked.

Anyway, I'm an old fart.

(I didn't say having an aftermarket HU makes you a scally. It makes you a scally in my eyes driving through my area being able to hear you streets away, which you would really need a decent HU for.)

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Chris1.4RT said:
I appreciate good quality sound too which is why at home I have a decent hifi. I don't get in my car to listen to music. I get in it to drive it. Music just happens to be a by-product.

I just don't think it's that neccessary to have really high quality music when I'm driving. It's more than adequate what's in the car as standard.

Anyway, I'm an old fart.

I think the standard headunit in my 182 is quite good , but i'm gonna be looking at an aftermarket headunit sometime in the future , maybe speaker upgrades , but i listen to music more in my car than at home so its important to me to have a good sound .

And i'm older than you Chris :approve:

The standard head unit is an alright bit of kit really and besides, my CDs tend to be in the, correct me if I'm wrong, standard Alpine multichanger.

Furthermore, if you want decent quality music, MP3's shouldn't even get a mention. That said, seeing as I'm not that fussed, I could see the point in the above DVD MP3 player as I could put all my stuff on one or two DVDS.

Lee

BMW M2C
The only reason I swapped mine was because the autochanger wouldn't go under the passenger seat in the Trophy so I wanted something that would play MP3's. I'd rather have the standard unit to be honest, but the one I've got looks subtle and does sound a lot better.

The changer in the Clio is an Alpine unit, but will only work with the Renault headunits.

Nissan 350Z
Chris1.4RT said:

I honestly think though that the majority of these charlies that drive around with the sound up and windows down, are clearly doing it for other people's 'benefit' rather than their own.

I've yet to hear a car drive past and think 'there's a decent song he's playing. Wow, he's cool.' But, it's all about personal preferences. None of those pics I've seen show the HU matching the dashboard.

I've seen plenty of threads on here too where people have had their ICE knicked.

Anyway, I'm an old fart.

(I didn't say having an aftermarket HU makes you a scally. It makes you a scally in my eyes driving through my area being able to hear you streets away, which you would really need a decent HU for.)

Totally agree here... I used to go for aftermarket headunits, but in the end, i found them more hassle than they were worth, carrying the face plate around everywhere, and I just like the way the standard unit blends in perfectly with the rest of the dash. When I had a Fabia vRS I did have a P77MP which blended perfectly with the dash on that car, but, when I sold that, and got the Clio, I sold it because I thought it wouldnt look right.

I'm the same as you, I get in the car to drive. The standard unit can be improved upon loads, but its not a priority, I have a great hifi to listen to in the house when I want to listen to music, and that isnt competing with road / engine noise.

However, if I absolutely must have an aftermarket headunit, this is what I'd go for:-

l_00004864.jpg

I like that one pbirkett.

My old Pioneer 8400 tape/radio used to be a pain carrying the facia around which was why when I got my VTS and then the 172, in both I just left the standard radio/cd in.

Chris1.4RT said:

Cant agree with this clap trap.

I appreciate you cannot be bothered with carrying face plates and upsetting the look of the dash but i am not and im sure 95% of this forum are not a scally.

To be honest i hardly listen to music at home due to me living next door to people i havent or dont want to upset, music at home is kept to minimum.

I love music and appreciate a better quality sound than renault provides. And even if just you have a small sub and amplifier, these can provide sound the standard speakers cannot replicate (sub bass) which means you lose the full experience of the music, whether it be dance, rock, chart whatever.

Im not having a go, but i think you were too quick to comment before posting.

PS - I am not a scally.

Far from clap trap.

As I said several times, it's all about personal preference.

The point I've tried to make is that unless you're going to turn up your music really loud, then I can't see the point in spending a fortune on a HU. If you do turn up your music really loud, then to me you just look like an arse*. You'll only turn the heads of fellow hoody wearers*. You will grow out of it.

Maybe you want different features from a HU to what the standard one offers but other people were going on about sound quality.

Besides, with cars nowadays being harder to steal, pikeys* just love to see a car full of ice, sat nav & speed camera detectors etc. None of which I think are really neccessary.

I realise the majority of this site are not scallys.

All my own humble opinion.

[*certain words used for comic value]

Maz

LY 200
^^No being funny but I started this thread for people to post pics of their AM HU's not for people to voice their opinions on pics people have posted etc .. :(

Please can start your own thread if you want to have these discussions/arguments

Honda Civic 2.0 TypeR
Maz said:
^^No being funny but I started this thread for people to post pics of their AM HU's not for people to voice their opinions on pics people have posted etc .. :(

Please can start your own thread if you want to have these discussions/arguments

ive showen you mine now show me your ;)

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Liking that Sony DVD one. I am getting a bit sick of changing CD's in the car. Deff the next move MP3 player of some sort.
Keep the pics coming guys :D

Clown Car
It's not the DVD one, it has 1GB of flash memory built into the face plate, so you can hook it up to your pc and drag and drop mp3's onto it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Alpine 9847R HU
iPod interface (located in glovebox)

29cfb0a0.jpg

229f1d60.jpg

Alpine SPR134A Components running from Alpine MRP F240 Amp

6778e7ba.jpg

5d57987b.jpg

JBL GTO 10 inch sub in sealed box in boot, running off GTO Amp. Amps mounted on rear seats.

:)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
it's my iPod on the passenger seat.

i was watching an episode of top gear with the sound coming out of the speakers, normally it lives in the glovebox in a pouch thing. :)