ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

side stepping(clutch)

Get the revs high and litrall jump of the clutch from a standing start.
The idea of side sep if there space is that you litrally push your foot to the side so there not even a lag which you foot lifts away from the pedal.

Mondeo STTDCI
Ermmm from my limited understanding you hold it at launch Revs...whatever you think that should be dependent on the surface (wet=less revs). Then you just sidestep the clutch.

As you you dont raise it, you sidestep it. Clutch pedal jumps up, car launches. Difficult.

R35 GTR
is that when you just dump the clutch when shifting foot to the left?

I find that's better than feeding clutch in as it doesnt give me the burning smell. I have only done it a couple of times though, dunno if its good for it.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
well ive been told doing so can eat clutches and gearbox on high powered engines but i suppose it apllies to any car really,

My foot slipped off the clutch on the 172 when i had 5,000 revs dialed in, it went off the line like a scalded cat but f**k me did my clutch stink. Even when i pulled up at home 5minutes later all i could smell was clutch lol.