ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sierra RS500

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There is no other car I'd want more if I won the lottery. That would be my garage queen over any lambo or Ferrari etc.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love it but in Black it's too subtle without it being Texaco'd!

I'd want a White one! Imagine actually seeing a genuine one pass you on the road!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
£50,000? Flol.

Nah thanks, rather a 360 and abit of change to be honest.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
My dad had a moonstone blue one. It got nicked and burnt out when I was a kid. Would of been mine now :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm yeah good point. I do hear the standard 360 is holding it's money well...

£50,000? Flol.

Nah thanks, rather a 360 and abit of change to be honest.

The type of person who afford to tie up £50k of their capital storing a classic car, can probably also afford any number of cars that you might find more suitable. Non offence, but your post is the single biggest cliche on the internet. "HOW much for a xyz SRI? FLOL! Id prefer an M3 and a two week holiday in Benidorm".

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
The type of person who afford to tie up £50k of their capital storing a classic car, can probably also afford any number of cars that you might find more suitable. Non offence, but your post is the single biggest cliche on the internet. "HOW much for a xyz SRI? FLOL! Id prefer an M3 and a two week holiday in Benidorm".

To some people it is quite obviously desirable. But due to my age these sorts of cars mean nothing to me as they are before my time.

Looking at it as a comparison to a 360 (similar price so seems fair enough to me?) I can't see how unless you wanted to make a return on your investment or was an insane Ford nut, how you could possible pick it over one. I've never driven a Sierra but I have driven a 360, and I'm pretty sure the Ferrari would beat it hands down in every driver orientated scenario.

Some people probably think 360s are crap. But your average joe on the street would probably pick a 360 if they were side by side.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd like to have another RS500 again one day but they are utterly nowhere near worth the money for anything other than just being a collectors item, non 500 3 door cosworth is exactly the same visually if you swap the bumper and spoiler and drives better in standard form and is just as modifiable, the price difference makes no sense at all if you are going to actually use it rather than just part it up and hope it goes up in value.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looking at it as a comparison to a 360 (similar price so seems fair enough to me?) I can't see how unless you wanted to make a return on your investment or was an insane Ford nut, how you could possible pick it over one. I've never driven a Sierra but I have driven a 360, and I'm pretty sure the Ferrari would beat it hands down in every driver orientated scenario.

You are correct, the RS500 drives like a ford sierra with a load more power, and thats all it feels like, a tarted up repmobile, and in standard form they arent even quick.
Modified they do have a very addictive power delivery which is great fun, and I utterly love them as a marque, but it certainly doesnt feel "special" to drive like a 360 still does ( and yes I have driven a 430 too and yes its better, but that doesnt stop the 360 still being awesome compared to "normal" cars)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Great car, but one you'd buy to keep in the garage and rarely drive. I'd personally much rather an audi quattro and drive the thing. Or a 190 evo as a garage Queen

But again the point is missed (IMO) that the guys who buy these types of cars generally have many others in their arsenal. They won't be restricting their choices of other cars by buying this one.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
But again the point is missed (IMO) that the guys who buy these types of cars generally have many others in their arsenal. They won't be restricting their choices of other cars by buying this one.

Indeed, people will buy it to collect not to use, and they will not have to get the bus just cause they have an rs500 tucked up in the garage.

Will end up with someone like BonkeRS or a generic all make collector.

IMG_8539.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I took @Luke_Exc out in a 450bhp yellow Escos last night. Properly fast car. Scary price tag.

Doug's I take it?

I really liked driving that when I used to be his test pilot before you took over, lol, has it still got the huge (2.4 bar IIRC) midrange boost spike?