ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silicone Elbows

Astra van,Mk1 nova
For the people who know :)

Is the OEM setup in any way also to lube the TB valve ?

I notice there is pretty much oily substance in the TB whenever i have the filter off.. therefore I think it would really help keep things clean in there when you tuck away the tube with a little breatherfilter.

But once peoples reactions were that it's designed to also oil up/lube the valve ??

Thats a good shout, but the life span of a 172/182 throttle body is shat! It will spring an internal electrical fault before the butterfly even notices it needs lubed :D

RS RIP
^^ maybe it's even the "environemental friendly" design (putting the oilfumes through the TB to be burned) that is prematurely braking our TB 's !? :eek:

any more opinions ?

Lube or environement ?

i got a samco type 1'' bore tubing and ran that across the bulkhead, and tucked the breather just by the headertank so its secure and out the way of the majority of heat. absolutely no problems, and the only way you know its fitted is because it makes a noise on idle.

Any pics of header tank bud ?

Thats a good shout, but the life span of a 172/182 throttle body is shat! It will spring an internal electrical fault before the butterfly even notices it needs lubed :D

An 03 plate and new tb already

Lol :rasp:

Bumder With A Buffer
What so you can fit a breather filter rather than paying 70 quid for a samco 90 degree bend with the breather pipe attached??

Bumder With A Buffer
f**k that s**t... whats the size of the filter breather then (Im too lazy to check back tthorugh the rest of these post!)

RS RIP
^^ everyone is as lazy as you are, nobody has gone out and checked yet lol

i'm wanting it too. SOMEBODY go + check !!

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
what size fit a ph1 172? coz i cant find a site that sells them

Bumder With A Buffer
Just buy a 90 degree bend and cut a bit off it to fit/make it shorter.. Thats what I am doing :) £17 instead of £70 thank you please :)

if you just want a 70mm 90deg bend we can supply blue ones for £15.66 + £4 delivery inc vat. These are nearly always in stock as we use them to make up various BMC CDA/DIA kits..

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/universal-items-201/silicon-hoses-202/90-degree-silicon-bend-105.html

Do you know what size breather filter you need as we can supply those too..

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/universal-items-201/breather-filters-206/

any chance could give price of a BMC and the hose to fit ???? for clio 182??
thansk
PAz

90 degree?I have a espace V6 AIRBOX and I want like this

IMG_0128.jpg

Isn't a 45º 70mm?thanks

I want to know the diameter

Last edited:
  200 Gordini
Sorry, you didnt say.

I believe that is a 70mm too... that picture is showing a 45 degree bend with the battery moved.