ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silkolene Pro S 5W-40

£39.77 inc VAT and Postage.

Is that a good price? Anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

Oh and i'm not sure whether to go for 5w-40 or 10w-50 in the winter. My car is running approx 300bhp and ideally I need to change the oil every 4k miles.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
think 10/50 is better for turbo motors, thats what i was advised

email opie oils, they really know their stuff, and will giv good advise

I have and he recommended 10w-50 however a lot of 200sx owners have recommended 5w-40 as it's a thinner oil?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i was told you can go too thin for turbo motors, i had a punto turbo (old uno design engine) and ran 10/50

Engines are all different cheack with both oil sellers (assuming there relaible) and manurfacturers.

There is nowhere cheaper than us with the Club Price

Use the 5w-40 unless you are seeing oil temps in excess of 120degC

Cheers
Guy

Ph1
Chris K said:
£39.77 inc VAT and Postage.

Is that a good price? Anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

Chris K said:
That price is from them but is their anywhere cheaper? :)

WTF!!!!! I just bought the same oil last week off their web site (during the advertised offer period on various forums) for £45.59, invoice to prove !!!!

whats the score here ???

Ph1
White16valver said:
er, the changing market?

Would you send him more money if the price went up and you'd got a bargain? ;)

When did a changing market become valid at the time of a advertised reduced price offer ??

Im just wondering seen as this lad got his for 39 notes that ive been charged the non offer price because i bought it online?

Our best price is in the members section of our website, if you bought it there then you will have got the best price on offer on the day.

We have various sales, announced on this forum when we offer discounts for a week.

Cheers
Simon

Chocolate Bar™
i need some 5/40 fully synthetic. where can i actually order it from, before i go for my usual elf excellium off renault.

Chocolate Bar™
thank you.

just been having a nose round and i'll send you an email for a couple of prices im interested in.

Ph1
Our best price is in the members section of our website, if you bought it there then you will have got the best price on offer on the day.

We have various sales, announced on this forum when we offer discounts for a week.

Cheers
Simon

I bought the oil from you in the offer period

I heard about your last offer on another forum, went on your site, saw a £2 odd off reduction (bringing the price down to £45.59) and presumed that was the offer.

To buy oil direct from your website you have to join up anyway so i would be in the members area??

Ive just looked now and your price has gone back up again to its normal end of offer price, £47.99 .

Your forum offer adverts do not state that you have to be a member to get the offer discounts.

Was £39.77 the offer price for members of your forum??

Very miss leading

Last edited:
R

rich[182]

Anyone know the CS members price for 5 litre Silkolene Pro S 5W-40 ? seems to be a bit of confusion ^
Thinking of putting some in at 6k miles

Cheers
Simon

I heard about your last offer on another forum, went on your site, saw a £2 odd off reduction (bringing the price down to £45.59) and presumed that was the offer.

To buy oil direct from your website you have to join up anyway so i would be in the members area??

Ive just looked now and your price has gone back up again to its normal end of offer price, £47.99 .

Your forum offer adverts do not state that you have to be a member to get the offer discounts.

Very miss leading

your not a member on CS anyway though, so the offer surely wouldn't be applicable to you
:S

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
i paid £44 for my 5 ltr silkolene. It's including VAT, the other price quoted was excluding VAT. not sure on why you paid £47 or whatever it was. Sounds like you didn't pass on your membership number or something....

Ph1

Very miss leading

your not a member on CS anyway though, so the offer surely wouldn't be applicable to you
:S

The reduced price offer was on practically every car forum on the net