ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

simota?

Ph1
Just block your stock ik box up with a pair of old socks etc. It wont sound as good but it'll get roughly the same amount of air flow :)

Megane 225 Cup
any one know of any one that sells the aeroform?

and any one with before and after result of the standered airbox vs the aeroform?

Ph 1 172
ph1 air box or the v6 box (from espace i think) is supposed to be the best induction kits are all show and no go. a loved the aeroform on mine when i had made a mental noise but there was no noticable difference if your getting it for performance go and spend your money on something else if your doing it for noise buy it or a decat lol

and there was a thread somewhere on here telling you where to buy them from...not 100% coz mine was already on the car but im pretty sure they dont do one for the clio...its like a bmw obne you have to buy .....or i might just be thinking of something else

Megane 225 Cup
just like the sound of the simotas and the scoop must stop some of the heat soak compared to a normal induction kit and it looks awsome too

i have a itg filter and its to quiet and i dont like to have a noisey exhaust that i cant keep quiet

Za**** & Xr250R
I've ran load's of after market airboxes and the Simota is by far the worste ever the only thing it has going for it self is the look's please don't buy one lol.
If your looking for a decent airbox then go for a BMC CDA they sound's great, they actually make your car run alot smoother and peform better or if you've got money to blow get a ITG Maxogen then are the best kit for a 1*2 :)

or a quick cheap fix is as Domjolly said ph1 or v6 espace airbox

Ph1
Hard to get proven as theres no 2 cars the same and very few before and after results but theres plenty of peoples experiences and the general opinion seems to be that it isnt too clever. You can see by the design and where it sits in the bar its crap

Not got a car
The Simota Twin Charger that sit infront of the battery is an awesome bit of kit, Im trying so hard in finding one. I had one on my 172, it was the best kit I tried.

No where sell them anymore

Insignia SRi
I wouldnt bother, was a huge waste of £250 in my opinion! Sounds great but made the car so sluggish, i cant praise the Espace v6 airbox with and ITG element high enough, iv been through a few induction kits/set ups and this by far is the best, you get noise and a quicker pick up. All for less than half the price of a simota.

If anybody is still hell bent on getting one try www.sanspeed.co.uk they are just round the corner from me and a simota stockist. 0208 3042841

Not got a car
Sanspeed is a a pain in the arse to get hold off. They never pick up the phone and im still waiting for a reply to see if the part i want is in stock. I sent them an email asking if they had it then just sent one back saying "will check stock" that was 6 months ago. Ive tried mailing and phoning loads aof times, giving up now.

Insignia SRi
Yeah they arnt the best, its normally easier to go in there but then they are not open at the weekends so if you work all week then its no good either! lol

Clio 172 RS2
IMG_0153.jpg

the Sound.: http://tiny.cc/KUFEA

Evo
Simota = RUBBISH!!!

Doesnt fit properly, terriblt build quality and massive loss of power over standard setup.

Cheap Cheap Cheap Crap!

Im seeing people saying that it loses power now where is the proff of this?

please post up rr results

The fastcar test stickied at the top of this section, read that. The Simota is essentially just an open filter stuck right behind the radiator, common sense says it's not good.

Ive got both the Simota Aeroform and a ph1 airbox with an itg panel filter in it.

Absolutely sod all difference power wise noticeable when driving the car. People seem to love climbing on the bandwagon against these because it makes them sound clever, without ever testing the two.

I've driven back to back with them on a number of occasions to try and find out for myself the difference and can quite safely say its completely un-noticable.

No difference in power - yet the simota sounds insane, I know which set-up im currently running.

Ph1
^^With IK's your not going to gain much but you can loose with the wrong kit.

The only way to notice a change with any mod on the road is if its substantial gain or loss and with a IK its going to be difficult to tell either way but going by the majority of folk who have had these fitted they dont get a good write up bar the noise and noise can give a false impression anyway.

With a IK your aim is to get a good air supply, the colder the better. Having a open inlet to the kit blocked by a rad and slam panal right in its face isnt going to aid airflow hence why these are probably the worst designed kits on the market?