ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Simple Macbook question

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
How do you get to view hidden or system files on a Mac? We've 'acquired' a useful iPod containing quite a few GB of music. ;) When plugged into the MB, it simply states Calendar, Recordings and some other file folders.

When I plug it into a PC laptop, I can see a whole lot more - including the music directory itself (when the correct file permissions are added).

Just wondered how you do this on a Mac?

Cheers,
D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Use Anapod Explorer.

It's about £5, but lets you explore, change and... ahem, copy the files to your Mac/PC.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers chaps. :)

Just tried Rob's suggestion and its allowed me to view and copy the files at least. I'm still struggling with the window/desktop/minimise/expand options on a Mac - not to mention the fact that clicking on a red 'X' doesn't actually close the program? So, so different to using PCs....

D.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Cheers chaps. :)

Just tried Rob's suggestion and its allowed me to view and copy the files at least. I'm still struggling with the window/desktop/minimise/expand options on a Mac - not to mention the fact that clicking on a red 'X' doesn't actually close the program? So, so different to using PCs....

D.

It's good once you get used to it. Use CMD+Q to quit programs.

The expand button expands the window to the required width for the content. Really good on web pages etc.