ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SIMPLE problem about rear strut brace

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Sorry, I am no good with a spanner lol.

Here is wat it looks like:
026.jpg

Basically to get the rear suspension nuts off i used a really small spanner to stop the thing spinning whilst I was undoing it. Now i have put this on I can't get the spanners on it so as a result its just spinning.

What can I do to get it tightened up? lol. Will I be ok to drive with it only a little tight?

Dont use an air gun! You will make the strut spin inside. Same as you shouldnt use an air gun on the front aswell.

Its fine aslong as you dont go cranking it up with the gun, they only need nipping up. Your not leaving the gun on trying to get 200nm.

172 cup
the rubber bits you took off to fit rear strut brace would of been the rubber cones that cover up the top mount. As said air gun is pretty much only was

Not got a car
mine never span, I just undone then lock nut with a socket and rench fitted the brace and done it up.

Nothing else was spinning apart from the nut :S

S4 Avant
Do not drive with the nut a little bit loose!

I did, and the shock disappeared through the hole while driving :eek: