ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Simple straight forward no claims question

If you crash and its your fault say you have three years NCB do you loose all your no claims or just say two? Mate of mine had a bump few months back his fault said his insurance is only taking 2 years off him?

MR2 Mk1.5
If you crash and its your fault say you have three years NCB do you loose all your no claims or just say two? Mate of mine had a bump few months back his fault said his insurance is only taking 2 years off him?

Industry norm is you'll go back to 1 year NCB so that's all correct.

Cheers

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
25% seems to be a rough estimate but they can wipe them all out also.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I got back from France once, stopped at a mates house and drove down the wrong side of the road when I got back in the car,
a car came round the corner and whollop!!!!

Obviously my fault, a copper showed up and I took full responsibility,
paid for his repairs and courtesy car out of my own pocket, but through my insurer,
I was expecting to get raped, but they said it didn't count as a claim as it hadn't cost them a penny,
I was only 3rd party as well.

Don't know if this is still the case though.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
With my full write off...they took 2 years from my ncb. Had 4 yrs...coming up to 5 and went down to 2. But you still need to declare the claim which goes towards the quote.