ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Site sub domain help.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I have my company website, which is www.inc-s.co.uk and I want to have a sub domain to this which will be sketch.inc-s.co.uk.

This will be the web design part of the company, and I want this to be called Sketch, I have created the pages for Sketch and the style sheet, and I have uploaded the folder containing them to my web server. Q. How do I get the sub domain to be linked to the sketch site? and how do I link to it from the domain www.inc-s.co.uk?

I am a little confused. Thanks.

182 w/busted splitter :-(
Whoever hosts your DNS records (if it isn't you!) needs to create an 'A' record for the 'new' site, you can then set up the site on the web server (if you haven't already) and then amend the 'host' header name so that it answers to http://sketch.inc-s.co.uk

The web server bit depends on which web server you are running (i.e. Apache/IIS) but you need to get the host DNS record set up first.

HTH!

Fiat Panda 100hp
Whoever hosts your DNS records (if it isn't you!) needs to create an 'A' record for the 'new' site, you can then set up the site on the web server (if you haven't already) and then amend the 'host' header name so that it answers to http://sketch.inc-s.co.uk

The web server bit depends on which web server you are running (i.e. Apache/IIS) but you need to get the host DNS record set up first.

HTH!

Okay, thanks I get some of it, but where to I amend the host so it answers to sketch.inc-s.co.uk?

I have attached some screenshots of my control panel and the DNS editior etc.

Thanks

Attachments

• spx_file051.jpg
    spx_file051.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 29
  • spx_file052.jpg
    spx_file052.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 23
  182 w/busted splitter :-(
Okay, thanks I get some of it, but where to I amend the host so it answers to sketch.inc-s.co.uk?

You're going to need to add a new host record to your existing ones, for your new sub-domain; the fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) for your new sub-domain just needs to point to whatever your IP address is, (i.e. where your web server is 'listening').

Once the traffic arrives at the web server, the host configuration on the web server will 'point' the traffic at the correct 'site' on the server itself.

There should be an option on your DNS control panel to add a new host record?

Fiat Panda 100hp
Yes it does, it has the following (see pic) I'm not to sure what to put into the box though.

Attachments

• spx_file053.jpg
    spx_file053.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 11