ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

six speed sequential

will it come with the mounts, drive shafts, gear leaver, guess someone would need the ECU aswell for the flat shift?

Mounts you dont need, drive shafts are expensive but available, gear leaver you can buy or fabricate, flat shift you can get third party quite cheap.

I would hate to use it on a road car :)

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
not sure bout price atm but aroung 3g for second hand one and 4g for new one this for just the gearbox.

How much?

£7000 gear box new reanult
£ ? sub frame
£ ? mounts
£ ? remap / new ecu ?
£ ? gear linkage
£ ? work shop costs
£ ? cluch

Got all that...

You dont need a different subframe
You dont need different mounts
You dont need a different ECU
You can fabricate the lever and linkage if you are handy, or easy to buy
If you can change a gearbox you can fit a sequential
You can use a standard clutch

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
ive got some info on the ST series, cant fit it to mine due to the power :(

as said .. road car is a NONO

this is the info i got -

x 1 Sadev SDTSA six speed sequential gearbox with the facility of the full throttle cut switch fitted if wired into a compatible ECU will allow full throttle gear changes: £5942.38
This gearbox looks very much like a standard gearbox on the out side but has a specific stronger main cases and will bolt directly onto your engine.
x 1 Gear lever kit: £414.36 this will fit directly to the floor original position with the gear change rod going under the floor to the gearbox, as in the approximate original position.
x 1 Sadev sequential gear display kit: £352.43
x 1 Reverse release cable: £38.73
x 2 Sadev drive shafts Grp A kit: x 2 Drive shafts left and right side made to customers lengths, x 2 Lobro joints, x 2 Lobro low profile cans: £684.00.

The above would be the best and cheepest way to go as the drive shafts that are bought through Renault are: left side shaft: £556.51 and the right side: £633.95

All the above are plus vat and carriage if applicable.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
nice one dave, so the box's i can get hold of are the sadev ones mentioned above the prices for the box's alone are 3100 for the second hand one and 4600 for the new one 1600 quid cheaper than above

thats 6k + vat and thats the UK spec box there is also the europe spec box from the race cars but i dont have a confirmed price on that one.

What one can u get Sadev SDTSA or ST75-14

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Isn't there an issue with how often a Sadev sequential would have to be rebuilt if it was used on the road, and how much that'd cost?

Spider, road/race hybrid
Lucky enough to get a deal on one years ago but am looking for an LSD to go in it now. Never satisfied I guess... lol New ones are just too expensive. You wouldn't happen to have a spare LSD lying around :)

Race v6clio & 172
Hi i race av6 ex trophy car with sadev box not cheap when they go wrong!!, you can change all the diff ratios aswell mines geared for about 127mph but did have 157mph diff in (for long tracks). Best person to speak to is Steve at SWR MOTORSPORT he is the main sadev agent for the uk, he's based in Halow Essex ,he also had 2 trophy v6's for sale, one is build no3 on of the prototypes built by ALPINE!

Lionel Richie
why don't you need the mounts? on the cup racer the box and engine is bolted to the subframe (its an r-sport subframe)

Spider, road/race hybrid
They also stress the crank, another reason not to use them on a road car.
Not sure but you can use the clutch and don't have to full throttle shift all the time. I think the box is probly more likely to blow before the crank as I think they're only rated to 250bhp. I don't thrash mine 24/7 for the sake of it only 25% of the time :) I have a small rad oil cooler for it with oil filter and tilton pump which prob also helps alot. Having said that it's not my only car so only do about 1 or 2k miles a year in it, had it 7 years, change oil every year and not had it serviced yet... knock on wood.

Had lots of trouble with the paddle clutch though found it utterly useless on the road specially with 1st gear being so high. It juddered like hell and ate my flywheel after 4k miles. I find a normal heavy duty clutch much better for the road and probably much easier on the crank cos it doesn't bite so hard and fast. ;)

Box and engine are out of my car at the moment so gonna send box off to steve at SWR to get it checked. He mentioned there's a weak area which can be replaced for a newer stronger part which I should probably do before I uprate my engine to very silly spec...

I did something expensive sounding to mine on the last event I did.

Bang going into fourth, and it sounds like its broken a tooth or something.

Going to have to send it to Steve (again!), always wears the 3rd and 4th dogs badly.