ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ski trip (56k - more delays than terminal 5...)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Went to Meribel in the French Alps last week. Had a wicked time and looking forward to my next winter ski trip in March to Chamrousse. so not to long to wait.

As expected, and previously discused in this forum taking the D40 out on the slopes was a bit of a pain. luckily it was good weather for it though. I wasn't bothered about crashing and breaking it (as i don't crash :cool:) but it was just the pure hassle factor of taking clothes off and looking through the eye peice while i had goggles on... pain in the bum tbh... plus not ideal sitting the camera in my backpack for lifts etc... but i managed it.

All pics are from a D40 using a 55-200 lens... i really could not be fucked to swap it over on the slopes. far too much hassle tbh... Anyhow, i'll show you some pics...

3264327176_db82a32be1_b.jpg

my go at being ''arty'' in the eurotunnel.

3264328950_ede92a1691_b.jpg

early morning piss break in France.

3263504505_207ecb6869_b.jpg

Where i had my piss. I think Revels lives near here tbh.

3264333926_e699b59d01_b.jpg

The view from my balcony. I was in Motterat. The village in the distance is Meribel. THe snow coverage looks bad but in fact the conditions were perfect.

ok... now for a few of the skiing... was very hard tbh. all the whiteness and doing it through goggles and wearing my inners... pain the ass..

3263515365_681570a9ef_b.jpg

3263524121_d14f966ed2_b.jpg

3264366740_42f459a15d_b.jpg

quite like this one for some reason... don't know why. i only took it as a brief test shot as it was changing form very bright ot very dark so had to keep altering the exposure on the d40.

3264361244_5b74f441ba.jpg

another arty one on the lift...

3263541699_54ed10102f_b.jpg

this cracks me up. check out the boarder in the top right corner...

3263542851_14cca420f1_b.jpg

then here. roffle.

a zoom in for you:

3263542929_d3faebe298_o.jpg

3264352522_099a342283_o.jpg

bit of major cropping going on here...

Ok, now for my favourite picture of the lot....

3264378610_2f1f81ff83_b.jpg

pleased with it as i only cropped off a tiny weeny bit of each side.

but i also really like these few next ones... I took a few of soem randoms going down as my bro was helping out his missus who had stacked it.

3263546783_00779012aa_b.jpg

3264375250_f9492f4511_b.jpg

wee bit blurry but tricky when they are going so fast!

3263552819_b7b14f829c_b.jpg

I like this one too.

and to finish off a few of the ice hockey. I took about 300 pictures at the ice hockey. about 295 of them were dog s**t... here are a few...

3264388124_8160541bda_b.jpg

3264385274_6b14175d58_b.jpg

and lol @ number 8 and his bizarre sitck on moustache!!

3263562667_f571e2a245.jpg

FIN.

Love these! :approve:

2nd is a great composition. If I didnt know better id say you'd added different pics together. Would make a good postcard or something. One to be proud of mate :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Awesome pics mate :) I miss skiing soooo much. Love it!!

Btw, is this a real Moustache??

3263562667_f571e2a245.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
he was about 16. lol it was definetely stick on. i think it was just some black gaffer tape!!

Mini Cooper S sport
Great pics!! The guy in the white and blue jacket leans back too much hehehe ;)

I went to Meribel Mottaret a year ago, loved it. I was staying in the Tarantaise hotel (Mark Warner). Those steps were a b**ch to walk up after a night out though.

Stayed in Courchevel in December, I love the 3 Valleys.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Great pics!! The guy in the white and blue jacket leans back too much hehehe ;)

I went to Meribel Mottaret a year ago, loved it. I was staying in the Tarantaise hotel (Mark Warner). Those steps were a b**ch to walk up after a night out though.

Stayed in Courchevel in December, I love the 3 Valleys.

which one? :D there are two! sadly there are no pictures of me as i was taking the pictures!

yeah the steps were hardcore! in boots with ski's etc... 113 to my hotel... dam you drag lift for shutting at half four.

i think that mark warner hotel is the one my cousin is doing a season at. i went over to courchevel for a few days. i love the reds up on the top. some really wide pistes with loads of different stuff on them.

i too love the 3 valleys!

Combo
Good pics Seb.

I've just got back from Andorra, will post up my pics in a bit, no proper camera tho, just a point and shoot and that was enough hassle on the slopes let alone a SLR!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i forgot snowboarders can't ride down them ;) shame lol

Mini Cooper S sport
which one? :D there are two! sadly there are no pictures of me as i was taking the pictures!

yeah the steps were hardcore! in boots with ski's etc... 113 to my hotel... dam you drag lift for shutting at half four.

i think that mark warner hotel is the one my cousin is doing a season at. i went over to courchevel for a few days. i love the reds up on the top. some really wide pistes with loads of different stuff on them.

i too love the 3 valleys!

6th pic down, he's really leaning back, his thighs must have been killing him! The guy in the pic above has his weight too far back as well. I knew the pics weren't you hun, I'm sure you're perfect ;)

I've not seen a pic of me skiing lately though, I'm sure I'd be mortified.

Yeah the Combe De Saulire is an awesome red first thing when it's been pisted, you can FLY down it. Suisses is a nice black for a blast as well.

My favourite run is Jerusalem down to St Martin De Belleville.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
omg, i was just about to say Jerusalem too! the view is epic. plus it is like a roller coaster up down up down. love it. then the continued blast on the blue down to St Martin for a nice biere!! the second chair lift back up can be a bit cold though.

Cupra
6th pic down, he's really leaning back, his thighs must have been killing him! The guy in the pic above has his weight too far back as well. I knew the pics weren't you hun, I'm sure you're perfect ;)

I've not seen a pic of me skiing lately though, I'm sure I'd be mortified.

Yeah the Combe De Saulire is an awesome red first thing when it's been pisted, you can FLY down it. Suisses is a nice black for a blast as well.

My favourite run is Jerusalem down to St Martin De Belleville.

The combe de saulire is where I scored 80mph first thing one morning. Freshly groomed snow carpets FTMFW!

Three Valleys is definitely one of my favourite spots in the Alps.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
80mph?!?!?

the dudes on ski sunday were doing 80kph (50mph?) at the speed gun!

Mini Cooper S sport
It's doable. The ski guides at our hotel had a race down it and one of them managed about 80 on GPS - it was in our bar quiz!

You must have balls of steel though, there's no way I'd go straight down without putting in any turns!! On that basis I would have expected you to do the Grand Couloire as well (no f**king way I'd do that).

Cupra
80mph?!?!?

the dudes on ski sunday were doing 80kph (50mph?) at the speed gun!

Its what the GPS came up with.... 129kph was the fastest I hit... had a couple of 110's too. Could just be dodgy GPS but it is accurate in the car.

In the GS, the skiiers get up to 140+ kph and that is with turns, so flat out you could go faster, IMHO.

3214769867_5b9dc4671c.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i am pleased with some of them. the ice hockey ones were a right dissapointment though.

This is for sure my favourite. :D

3264378610_2f1f81ff83_b.jpg