ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skull And Bones PS5 & XBOX

Clio
Watched a few things on this, isn't it a pirate game based on Black Flag that now has machine guns and torpedos?

Its like they could have made a great period piece of the pirate era but have tried to shoe horn in something to appeal to 11 year olds.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Watched a few things on this, isn't it a pirate game based on Black Flag that now has machine guns and torpedos?

Its like they could have made a great period piece of the pirate era but have tried to shoe horn in something to appeal to 11 year olds.
John wick and pikachu are gonna be in the dlc skin pack.

Never heard of the game, I have seen another group play pirate style game that's out, but forget the name.

Clio
Just watched that trailer and a few points that make me not want to play it:

43 seconds - the land is pretty much just a multiplayer lobby where you can dab and dance to some other weirdo on the internet
2:56 - harvesting materials looks like you shake a tree, some fruit falls and then you get ting ting sound like you would when you drove over a banana in Mario Kart
3:04 - Crafting looks like a few cutscenes of someone whacking something and you get materials.
3:40 - Flame Throwers
3:44 - Rocket Launchers
3:46 torperdos
4:05 - machine gun
4:45 - boarding, doesn't look like you can actually board other ships for a scrap like in black flag, just a cut scene. Probably one of the best bits in black flag
5:20 - Personalise your look so you can act cool in front of your internet friends who are all actually just sat in their Y-fronts
5:50 - Weather looks alright
6:46 - attacking forts looks like something just flashes red and you shoot it, then probably another cut scene to show it being destroyed which sort of indicates there will be no ground attack options

Seems like I don't like this game? Pretty correct, when I first heard about it about 5 year ago it was tagged as a living the golden age of piracy but its not turned into some watered down crap to sell DLC to the masses by the looks of it.

I was hoping for some Black Flag style with all the best bit of the ship battles along with a decent accuracy for the time.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Did anyone play the open beta?
I wasnt sure at first but after about 2 hours, i LOVED this game.

Maxxed out the beta ranks just before it ended and have pre ordered the premium version (absolute joke of a price btw!)

Anyone else?

Clio
Did anyone play the open beta?
I wasnt sure at first but after about 2 hours, i LOVED this game.

Maxxed out the beta ranks just before it ended and have pre ordered the premium version (absolute joke of a price btw!)

Anyone else?
Did your pirate ship come with Sea Wolf surface to air missiles?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
First update will have flying ships I expect to keep in line with its historical accuracy as promised at the beginning
I'm not bothered by broken promises because i had no idea it was coming until the Beta.
Personally i think it's great. They have to make it exciting somehow dont they, wouldnt be that fun firing 1 cannon ball at each other every 4 minutes would it.

• Haha
Reactions: HAP
  Clio
I'm not bothered by broken promises because i had no idea it was coming until the Beta.
Personally i think it's great. They have to make it exciting somehow dont they, wouldnt be that fun firing 1 cannon ball at each other every 4 minutes would it.
Yeah, but between shots you could shout out arrrr me hearties to make up for the gameplay

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Open beta, is it still available for it? totally forgot about this game been playing a lot of BF4 lately